cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

cemergun
Adept I

Can't Get Smart Acess Memory to Work

Hi, I'm trying to get my SAM to work for a while I'm so close to give up but I want it to work.

I have enabled Re-size bar, above 4g and my Bios is UEFI. But still SAM is not working. 

I'm checking resources on my GPU properties I don't see "large memory range"
I'm checking AMD Radeon Software, it says "Smart Acess Memory Not Available"

any help appreciated.

my setup
GPU: RX 6800XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO (MS-7C56)
Re-size Bar enabled, above 4g enabled, UEFI

12 Replies
sl55
Adept II

Your harddisk or ssd has gpt not mbr? I mean you have to make a fresh windows installation.

0 Likes

I didn't quite understand what you mean, I have an SSD 2tb. No idea whats gpt nor mbr. Could you explain a bit more?

0 Likes

Open 'Disk Management'. you should have a small partition labeled 'EFI System....'.

If you have that, then you also need to disable 'CSM' in mobo bios settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I see Healthy EFI System partition on disk management yeah,

I searched everywhere but I can't find anything about disabling CSM in bios. I have an indicator on top it says CSM/EUFI, there csm is gray and uefi is highlighted.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Here are the system requirements to use Smart Access Memory, you may want to check that you meet the requirements. 

AMD Smart Access Memory | AMD

0 Likes

Yes I already shared my system info. I have it all, i should be able to use it but can’t

0 Likes

Download GPU-Z. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

Run it, go to advanced tab, then select PCIE Resizable Bar from the drop down tab and post a screenshot of what you see.

Here is mine.

amdmatt_1-1631595127579.png

0 Likes

It says "no" to "Resizeable BAR enabled in BIOS" but it is enabled. Check the photo from my bios. I don't know what is wrong

Screenshot_2.pngIMG_4645.JPG

0 Likes

Okay so after some more digging, I updated/m-flash my bios to latest and got gpu-z to show resizeable bar enabled. however AMD Radeon software still says SAM is not available. check the screenshot below. Also thank you all for the support I feel like I'm close to get this thing to work

image (14).png

What build of Windows are you using? Is your OS up to date?

Are you using 21.9.1 drivers which are the current latest?

You may also want to try a Clean driver Install and Factory Reset of 21.9.1.

Instructions here on how to do a factory reset. Install AMD Radeon™ Software | AMD

0 Likes

May be a longshot, is Pcie x16 set to Gen.4.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
DRDOS
Adept III

Any progress on this issue?

0 Likes