cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Bjoern
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5900x out of stock

Your CPU 5900x was out of stock really fast. At the same time, you link sites of dealers for example this one:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Box ohne Kühler - CPU - Prozessoren - computeruniverse | computeruniverse

The CPU is out of stock at AMD.com, and another site has seconds later CPU in Stock, with 50% uppricing? and you link that dealer on your site??????

By the way why cant you ship to germany? If i go to check out, there i am always told you dont ship to my country. But the overpriced dealer, sitting in germany can buy the same product???

6 Replies
eostrading
Journeyman III

Can't find them at any major internet site.  But seems they are appearing on ebay.  Right this moment they start at $770

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=AMD+Ryzen+9+5900X+-pictur...

Very upset a bout my AMD Ryzen 9 5900X order. I've been backordered since 15 minutes after B&H Photo first offered Ryzen 5000 series processors.

AND, production updates are ZERO, ZILCH and NADA. 

Should I cancel my USD $549 backorder and have my deposit refunded. AND, sell my anxiously waiting X570 motherboard and DDR 4 RAM so that I can start prepping for a Ryzen 6000(?) DDR 5 system?

Corporate security is one thing; not keeping your buyer informed is bad for business. When will openning day orders be fulfilled.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

Moin @Bjoern 

1. AMD US cant send to Germany because there is "AMD Deutschland"...

2. thats Capitalism // high demand and low quanity = very high prices (and yes its partly AMDs fault - because they didnt provided enough GPUs and CPUs for launch - yet Corona means many people buy Hardware (2020 was highest sales year in a decade) and there was less produced for 3 month this year)

3. computeruniverse is a reseller that is allowed to use AMD promotions (like buy a GPU and get 1-3 games for free etc) and therefore is listed at amd.com

nothing we can do right now

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

yes i can confirm there was a very low stock of hardware avaliable.

On relase day i sit ready and bought a 5900x and a 6900xt withing 5 minutes after release and 5 minutes after that everything was sold out. AND this time it was not even the robots who automatic buy things since the shop page was not even visible so nobody could preplan/program the robots to buy the cpu or gpu's.

Yes its a really shame they did not produce enough cpu's and gpu's, and nvidia did the excact same thing.

But i can say that the 5900x cpu and 6900xt gpu is fantastic...  BUT the 6900xt driver need some updates to perform well and also to be stable.  Pro thip both become hot so its important to have a good cooling system.
For the 6900xt i maybe even recommend the water cooled versions or products from other hardware producers such as msi/asus with their fan systems vs the orignal one from amd.. truth is it make quite allot of noice.
I have my self ordered water cooling block for cpu and gpu and external radiator/pump and cooling system.
I bought the biggest version, since i would like a computer that is as silent as possible.
Bought it on ali express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32575427998.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.99c74c4dl2d4aN

0 Likes

Doesn't anyone in AMD management own a pair of "Big Boy" pants, a proper long sleeved white shirt and a trust me "I tied my own knot" tie? Maybe no one owns a pair of leather executive suite loafers. 

Someone should be updating the customers as to when their purchases will be shipped. My retailer has been holding USD $529 ever since November 5, 2020 for my "BACKORDERED" AMD Ryzen 9 5900X!!!!! 

We're at on backorder for 79 DAYs with no soothing announcements that everything will be alright soon.

Does anyone want to buy my X570 WiFi 6.0 motherboard, new in box; AND, four 8GB sticks of Samsung B-Die DDR4 RAM?

I'm this close to waving goodbye to socket AM4 and waiting for the next gen with DDR5.

So, AMD, does anyone know where we are at in manufacturing and distribution of products ordered on release day?????

0 Likes

My 5900X arrived today. 83 days after I ordered it. Good luck fellow sufferers. Good things may come to those who wait!

0 Likes