cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

OllieFallon10
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT lagging issues

Hi, I have been having graphical issues while playing games recently. It seems to only happen when playing games. I notice after about 30 seconds - 5 minutes of gameplay, the game jumps down to 5 FPS and the audio starts lagging/freezing, if I have the Ctrl + Shift + O overlay open it starts flickering when the game/audio starts lagging, when on headphones the audio freezes/cuts in and out, if I'm using my TV audio it starts freezing and cutting and also starts echoing and is really annoying. It seems to be a driver issue though because I only noticed it happening almost immediately after a driver update to 23.2.1 and when the 23.2.2 update dropped, I thought good, this might've fixed it however, when playing a game for 1 hour, I had no issues but today I tried the same game and it started having this lagging issue again. It doesn't happen as often or take as long to occur and when the game started lagging I Alt+F4'ed because it sounded bad after I Alt+F4'ed, AMD Adrenalin Edition informed me that a driver timeout occurred. I just want this issue to be fixed as it is very annoying and confusing as to why it is happening.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4

SSD: WD Green SATA SSD 2TB

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

PSU: Corsair HX850

Peripherals:

• Logitech Wireless Keyboard
  • Logitech G305 Wireless Mouse
  • Logitech G920
2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Did you run that card on the 22.11.x drivers, and how did it perform if so.  

When did you update to the 23.1.x or 22.2.1 drivers, and did the problems begin at that time. 

Everyone needs to start keeping a "Log Book".  When you install a driver update, log it and date, perhaps even the hour.  Same thing for Windows Updates.  Disable Windows Auto Updates they are a disaster, YOU need to control what gets updated, and by WHO not Microsoft.  Microsoft updates are a significant problem with so many of the issues I see in multiple forums.  But still we have users and gamers blaming AMD for bad drivers and not being WHQL, DUH.  They need to rename this to WLQL (Windows Low Quality).

Sorry for the rant.  Please accept my apology.  I have a long standing issue with Microsoft and their ways and means.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
OllieFallon10
Journeyman III

I completely agree with you. Windows Updates are a train wreck sometimes, one time Windows Update uninstalled Adrenalin Edition and installed outdated drivers automatically without my consent or knowledge, I only realised when I looked at my start menu. I especially hate Microsoft for the amount of bloatware that is on a clean Windows install, like when the hell am I going to play CANDY CRUSH SAGA???? Another thing I hate is that Microsoft Edge is tied to the OS and not uninstall able by standard means, you can uninstall it with Command Prompt but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that, Microsoft should just make it uninstall able by default!

Anyway, I got a bit off track here. I will try an older version of the AMD drivers and see if it remediates the issue.

0 Likes