cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

maxli86
Journeyman III

Windows Update Conflicting with latest AMD adrenalin graphic card Driver

Recently I had trouble trying to install the IGP graphic card for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G on ASUS prime b550m-a wifi ii motherboard. 
Initially I install the VGA driver provided on ASUS website but after I install all of the drivers meaning chipset, VGA etc. 
Windows Update install a different version of the graphic card driver, I assume this means the driver provided by ASUS is outdated. 

I attempt to first do a clean install of card meaning removing every driver until it revert to MS Basic Display driver. 
Than install the latest AMD graphic card driver, however after everything went smoothly. 
I connect back the internet and check Windows update, yet again the MS Update install a different version for the IGP. 

When this happends the AMD app software start to have a error that it cannot start properly. 
I understand that for AMD mobile and IGP graphic card driver, it is recommended to use manufacturer provided driver. 
Unlike discrete graphics which have no issues installing the latest AMD Graphic card driver. 

How do we check or obtain the recent graphic card driver since not all manufacturer like ASUS update their driver? 
The AMD adrenalin graphic card driver does not work properly when there's a different version of graphic card driver install. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Many guides on the web on how to block driver updates from windows update.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes