Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wenvy
Journeyman III

Unknown PCI Device

Hello!

I have a Ryzen 5 7600 with a Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX B650 (Rev 1.2) Motherboard. 

I have installed the latest BIOS and chipset drivers from the Gigabyte website. Everything is running fine but device manager shows 1 unknown "Other Device" - "PCI Device".

I looked up the hardware ID - "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_14DE&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_C6" which is Vendor 1022 - AMD. Device 14DE - Phoenix PCIe Dummy Function according to devicehunt.com. Cannot find anything about this, and update drivers hasn't done anything. 

The only things I have installed in PCIe are the GPU - 7800XT and a TP Link ethernet card (3468). Both of them show up fine on the device manager so its not these. Both NVMe drives also show up fine. So I really do not know what this is. Any idea what this is and how I can get the correct drivers for it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I looked at AMD download CHIPSET Package XML listing all the drivers it install and found this:

<Name>AMD PCI Device Driver</Name>
 <OS>Windows 10(64-bit)</OS>
 <Version>1.0.0.90</Version>
 <Installer>AMD PCI Device Driver</Installer>
 <Brand>Client</Brand

First go to the AMD CHIPSET Installation folder that was created when you installed the CHIPSET package. If it is deleted than use something like 7-ZIP or Windows to unfold and extract the CHIPSET PACKAGE Folder to your PC from the download .exe file.
        Then go to Device Manager under "Other Device" and click on updating the Driver. From there direct the driver to be updated from your AMD CHIPSET Folder that you just extracted and click to have it find the correct driver.
            See if that works or not.
            That Driver should be part of the AMD CHIPSET package as per this download Driver App website: https://driverpack.io/en/hwids/PCI%5CVEN_1022%26DEV_14DE?os=windows-10-x64

Screenshot 2023-09-17 134957.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I looked at AMD download CHIPSET Package XML listing all the drivers it install and found this:

<Name>AMD PCI Device Driver</Name>
 <OS>Windows 10(64-bit)</OS>
 <Version>1.0.0.90</Version>
 <Installer>AMD PCI Device Driver</Installer>
 <Brand>Client</Brand

First go to the AMD CHIPSET Installation folder that was created when you installed the CHIPSET package. If it is deleted than use something like 7-ZIP or Windows to unfold and extract the CHIPSET PACKAGE Folder to your PC from the download .exe file.
        Then go to Device Manager under "Other Device" and click on updating the Driver. From there direct the driver to be updated from your AMD CHIPSET Folder that you just extracted and click to have it find the correct driver.
            See if that works or not.
            That Driver should be part of the AMD CHIPSET package as per this download Driver App website: https://driverpack.io/en/hwids/PCI%5CVEN_1022%26DEV_14DE?os=windows-10-x64

Screenshot 2023-09-17 134957.png

Oh this worked! Thank you!

Thanks,
Solved a similar problem on my ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming.

I think my hardware id was:
"PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_14DE&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_C7"
PCI buss 11, device 0, function 0

systemdevices/AMD PCI

Lamer
Journeyman III

This solved the issue for me too.

perfectcr
Adept I

Just wanted to say, found this thread from Google and solved my issue. 7800X3D on a Asus ROG B6650E-F. Thanks!