cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Blisdon
Adept I

RX 6650 XT - Input not supported (Acer monitor)

Just intalled my brand new VGA, my recent one was RX 570 (4GB). I had my WIN10 installer ready to start a fresh windows installation. Turned the PC on, and it showed the message mentioned in the subject, until the windows loaded.
So, there is no display until the Windows is booted, at all. I read one guy's writing about this issue on this forum:

"That sounds like a Acer monitor message. You'd get it if the video signal is out of range of what the monitor can do. For example, you have a monitor that's 1080p (1920x1024) and the signal is 4k (3840x2160), or possibly at a weird refresh rate.

So, are you saying that it displays the message when you boot up but after windows finishes loading the monitor actually displays signal properly (the windows login screen)? If that's the case I'd assume the video card is sending signal in a way the monitor can't handle but once windows loads it's changing the refresh rate or resolution to something the monitor is happy with."

Unfortunately, there is no solution under this thread. I tried reinstalling graphic driver, also updated bios, and tried different settings I read in other forums related to this issue (change to UEFI and CSM etc.).
Nothing worked. Btw I did it by connecting to my TV with HDMI.
The question is: Is there anyone who could solve this issue? If so, help me out, please!
If the only solution is to buy a new montior, what is the possibility that monitor will do the same thing?
I'd buy ASUS TUF VG249Q (1080p).

My setup:
Acer VG220qbmiix (1080p, 21.5", 75hz, freesync)
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6650 XT
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
R5 1600 AF

Thanks for the helps in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Blisdon
Adept I

Dear Elstaci,

The HDMI cable hasn't arrived yet, altought I bought an Asus VG249Q, and by this the problem is solved.
The cable will arrive tomorrow, I will try it at least, so maybe it will help those with same issue.
Thanks for your support and your time spent on this issue!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Did you finally install a fresh Windows installation?

Did you install the RX6650XT AMD Driver afterwards?

With my DP connected 4k LG Monitor I don't have video output until Windows starts to load. I need to select my HDMI 2k Smart TV to get video output during POST or BIOS by disconnecting my PC Monitor DP Cable.

But that is because I have BIOS in UEFI Mode due to Windows 11. But if I select CSM Mode in BIOS my LG 4k Monitor has video Output during POST or BIOS.

But since selecting CSM Mode in BIOS doesn't fix your issue than I would look at your Monitor OSD Settings to make sure everything is selected to run on HDMI from your PC (Input Source).

How do you have your Acer Monitor connected to your GPU card?

If you have your Monitor connected via HDMI Cable try connecting to a different GPU HDMI Port.

Maybe try a different HDMI Cable.

NOTE: As mentioned by the other User that error generally indicates that the Resolution of the Monitor isn't recognized by BIOS until Windows starts loading.

EDIT: Looking at your Acer Monitor it uses a HDMI v1.4 cable. The RX6650XT HDMI Port outputs HDMI v2.1. Maybe if you get a HDMI 2.1 cable you might get video output during POST. Just guessing though.

These OSD Settings you can play around with to see if you able to be video during POST from your manual:

Screenshot 2022-11-20 092046.pngScreenshot 2022-11-20 172000.pngScreenshot 2022-11-20 172102.png

0 Likes
Blisdon
Adept I

Thanks for the quick reply, Elstaci.
Answer to your questions:
My windows is not fresh yet, I have upgraded the VGA driver though.
There is only 1 HDMI output on the video card and 3 DP. I'm using HDMI 1.4, as you say.

I've just ordered a new HDMI 2.1 cable, which will arrive tomorrow, and will reinstall the Windows the same day. I will try the things you mentioned and revert back.

0 Likes

I wouldn't reinstall Windows only as a last resort. Most of the time it doesn't fix any problems.

If your Windows OS is operating fine without any issues then I don't see any reason to install it again. Just a lot of aggravation on your part.

To check your Windows OS run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following command: SFC /scannow.

Now you can try a In-Place Windows Repair by just running the current Windows Installation during the Windows Desktop. Just don't click on doing a new install. This will replace your current Windows folder with a new Windows folder with all your 3rd party apps and most of your Windows configuration intact.

Your issue sounds like a Monitor or Cable or BIOS issue since Windows doesn't load until BIOS checks all hardware connected to your Motherboard first.

I realize it isn't acceptable to not be able to enter BIOS to change anything if you don't have any Video output except when Windows loads.

Since you are able to get video when running Windows go to Windows Settings - Display and make sure you have the correct Resolution check marked for your Monitor.

As you can tell I am not a fan of doing Fresh Windows installs since for me it takes several hours to reinstall and configure all my apps and Windows again. Besides if you follow this forum long enough you will see that the majority of Users who does a fresh Windows installation doesn't fix the issues they are having.

Now doing a fresh Windows installation is a excellent way to determine if you have a hardware or software issue. After you just finished doing a Windows Installation and you still get BSODs or crashes etc that indicates you have a hardware issue and not a software issue since no 3rd party drivers or app have been installed yet.

So I usually do a Inplace Windows Repair. The only time I do a fresh Windows installation is if I am forced to do it because I don't have a System Backup that doesn't work or Windows Boot Manager is irreparable.

I would also open a Acer Support Ticket to see what they suggest anything that is helpful.

Hey found this Acer Forum thread about the same issue you are having on a Acer Monitor. it is old but might be helpful: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/593904/acer-nitro-vg270upbmiipx-the-monitor-does-not-displa...

When in POST the resolution that is being used is very low. So if for some reason your Monitor doesn't support those low Resolutions you will get that error.

EDIT: FYI My 4k LG Monitor doesn't have Video output with either HDMI nor DP connected only under CSM Mode.

0 Likes
Blisdon
Adept I

Dear Elstaci,

The HDMI cable hasn't arrived yet, altought I bought an Asus VG249Q, and by this the problem is solved.
The cable will arrive tomorrow, I will try it at least, so maybe it will help those with same issue.
Thanks for your support and your time spent on this issue!

Hey, Thanks for the update.

Mark your last remark as your Solution.

I just purchased a new 4K Samsung Monitor. Hoping this Monitor will have Video Output during POST.

When it arrives tomorrow.

0 Likes
Blisdon
Adept I

Hey,
The new HDMI 2.1 did not help on the Acer issue.

AdiMara21
Journeyman III

I am finding my self in the same situation, I just updated from Rx 580 to Rx 6650xt on Acer Nitro VG240y full hd 75mhz and can't enter bios, no post and goes directly to lockscreen! I am gone try entering bios on my 4k tv.

This is not that disturbing but annoying!

Many users have the same problem!

Not everyone has 4k monitor man!

0 Likes