Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ko7
Journeyman III

RX 6600 Driver timeouts

Hello,

I am experiencing driver issues after replacing my CPU cooler. My CPU worked before but it was running too hot under load. And now when i try to utilize GPU, driver just times out. I was using it before the swap for like a week and than i switched it and it worked for like 10 hours and while playing GTA V it gave me a driver timeout error crash thing. Card. Also I noticed when I set TdrDelay to 60s and got in game I had like >1 fps. I tried: 

reinstalling all drivers

disabling MPO

doing some stuff in adrenaline

instaling pro instead of adrenaline

installing WHQL version of adrenaline

reseating gpu and ram

using different psu cable

using different psu connectors

using HDMI instead of DP

Here is the latest error in device manager:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73FF&SUBSYS_65051EAE&REV_C7\6&2c9ce418&0&00000019 had a problem starting. 

Driver Name: oem7.inf 

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} 

Service: amdwddmg 

Lower Filters:  

Upper Filters:  

Problem: 0x0 

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73FF&SUBSYS_65051EAE&REV_C7\6&2c9ce418&0&00000019 had a problem starting. 

Driver Name: oem17.inf 

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} 

Service: amduw23g 

Lower Filters:  

Upper Filters:  

Problem: 0x0 

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

How do i fix this? Is my CPU cooler pressing too hard on CPU or something? Is it just a faulty GPU and should I RMA it? Or software issue that is hardly fixable?

Thanks for response.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is very much normal at launching a game. Same with the cards I use. Later, when really graphic workload happens, the voltage will go higher and stays there, same with the powerdraw. And about the fans, that switch actually does change the fan curve, but it is still way too high at idle. So, something fishy is going on with that card or card/mobo combination. But I guess you'll only know for sure if you get a replacement/fixed card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Device VEN_1002&DEV_73FF is your graphiccard. So, a hardware defect is not out of the question. Did you reset the bios? Did you try DDU in safe mode to uninstall the driver and reinstall them? What kind of ram are you using? With XMP/DOCP/EXPO profile? How are your CPU temps now during a stress test (with prime95 for example)?  You could also check your gpu with gpu-z how many lanes your card is running. Maybe something else broke and since it started after you replaced the cpu cooler....hard to say.

I also found this https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/7900-xt-black-screen-issue-fix-high-consumption-on-idle-... 

Not sure if that helps

0 Likes

I did not reset bios yet. I tried to DDU in safe and normal mode. I am using Kingston fury beast 2x8 Gb 3200MHz and I tested it on MemTest86x something that for 1 hour and 0 errors. I did reinstalled win 10 and did not enable XMP or any overclocking. My cpu temps are fine with new cooler, I get like 70C in cinebench. As soon as i get home I will reset bios and do the gpu-z test thing.

0 Likes
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Well, power consumption like that in thread I linked could be the reason. I had something like that, but not so severe, because of my multi monitor setup. Still does not explain why it started after you switched the cpu cooler. Does not really make sense.

0 Likes

Well it is probably a good idea to mention that when i checked driver properties and events that it said something for date 2019. It was like some install missing idk cuz its now gone and even when i first turned on the pc there were records of Device not started something one of those i mentioned already. It may just may have something to do with installation of the first stock cooler and my screwdriver slipped and hit near the cpu. But i havent seen any visible damage and there werent any caps just wires but i dont think that is the issue right? And about power I have a 650w Adata xpg core reactor PSU. So maybye its a defect but I dont thinks so.

This is the possible impact point. I hit it twice

Screenshot_20240520_102801.jpg

0 Likes

Well, if you are very unlucky it could be a hairline crack on the motherboard, but there is not much visible there. If some traces are damaged, you should be able to see it. If that is the case, well, then there isn't much you can do.  Sorry

0 Likes

You could however try to use the lower PCIe slot. Not recommended of course because it would only run at  PCIe 2.0 x16....but for testing maybe worth a try.

0 Likes

I am home now and I will send gpu-z things I am really not an expert

IMG_20240520_132105.jpg

 I had to significantly decrease quality cuz it just wouldnt fit in 3 mb

IMG_20240520_132324.jpg

Also this is the only thing i could find, it is right next to some wire.

20240520_131004.jpg

0 Likes
Ko7
Journeyman III

IMG_20240520_134038.jpg

0 Likes

Well, not sure if there is a trace there, but it doesn't look like it.

I don't see anything else out of the ordinary. Except the fanspeed maybe. 75% is kind of much at idle. Custom fan curve maybe? Not sure that it matters. At those temps you should not have any problems anyway.

So, running out of ideas to be honest

0 Likes

I dont think fans are an issue. I fliped that one switch on the side of my gpu to make fan mode or zero fan mode.I tried to use the second pcie slot but it literally wouldnt fit cuz psu is in the way ans also front pannel connectors and fans. I tried to use older drivers 23.12.1 and now adrenaline doesnt just work at all and ir gives me error:  wrong bit copy. I reset bios and its still the same issue. I launch game. Game wants gpu juice. Driver times out. I get blackscreen and than amd bug report window with my desktop spawns. So I am thinking now of really RMAing my card.

0 Likes
Ko7
Journeyman III

Also i launched a game while looking at gpu-z and draw spikes to like 55w and after pretty weird voltage

IMG_20240520_142309.jpg

0 Likes

That is very much normal at launching a game. Same with the cards I use. Later, when really graphic workload happens, the voltage will go higher and stays there, same with the powerdraw. And about the fans, that switch actually does change the fan curve, but it is still way too high at idle. So, something fishy is going on with that card or card/mobo combination. But I guess you'll only know for sure if you get a replacement/fixed card.

0 Likes

Well is is definetly cooked now

IMG_20240521_155400.jpg

0 Likes