cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Arjun_s
Journeyman III

Randomly getting textures go haywire and cannot find a solution (Ryzen 5 7600 iGpu)

Hi everyone, 

I Recently developed a problem with my system that whenever i play games on igpu, sometimes the textures go absolutely haywire and i cannot do anything but to restart the pc

I've also tried to reset the system Twice, but that didnt fix it Either, I've also crossed out the possiblity of Hdmi or Monitor error.

I also keep the refesh rate at 144hz if thats useful for diagnostics.

Thanks Everyone.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Did you try the latest driver? (with uninstallation of the previews driver)

You wrote it started recently and textures go haywire. Could you describe that a little more? Maybe a screenshot?

Any other changes you made? Windows Version (insider build maybe?)

0 Likes

This is an example of what happens

Arjun_s_1-1716123192045.pngArjun_s_2-1716123218273.png

Also Here is my Windows info

Arjun_s_0-1716122816922.png

I haven't yet downloaded the Adrenalin driver as of yet, but the issue still persists

0 Likes
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Well, we can rule out the windows problem, unless the driver is very old. But that kind of distortion is...well, fascinating. Never seen that one before. Doubt it is a refresh rate problem or pixel format (no idea if that can produce such a distortion).

You wrote you tried to reset the system twice. So, are you using the windows driver with no additional amd software? Windows will autoupdate the driver(unless you turned that off). I suggest you try the newest adrenaline driver first.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

The IGP in the 7000 series processors has only 2CU of RDNA 2 graphics. What games are you playing on this? What CPU cooler do you have and what temperatures is it reaching? What system memory do you have, what speed is it running at and what do you have the UMA buffer size set to?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

I mostly play Light indie games like supermarket sim and rarely I play gta 5

I have an Cooler master hyper 620 s, Which keeps the temps under 70C while gaming

There is TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 5200MHz ram, Which is running on 4800 mhz

I dont know what UMA buffer is, but ig it is 512 mb (Pic for reference)

Arjun_s_0-1716148243201.png

Edit 1, Got the same in Bios, Hope that helps

123.jpg

0 Likes

I am a bit surprised to find someone using the 7000 series processors IGP in gaming. As stated, it is only 2 cores incorporated into the I/O die, primarily with the intent I think as just to provide basic display output rather than gaming use.

Compared to the Ryzen 7600 the 8500G costs less and has twice as many graphics cores, and for not a whole lot more the 8600G has quadruple the graphics cores. While neither is as powerful as a discrete graphics card in performance, if the intent was to have an all-in-one APU there are better performing options than the 7600, especially for your 144Hz refresh monitor.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Tinyskynet
Adept II

The IGP might not be good for gaming. But for light games it's ok. But for that particular Problem I find it kind of weird that he got the distortion on the desktop, so when there is really nothing going on. So, while a heat problem is possible, it is unlikely. Ram problem or defect might be possible, because the system ram is shared with the igp, but not sure if not more would be affected. And since the problem started recently a hardware defect is possible.

The event log might show "something" though or nothing at all.

Maybe run a memory test with memtest86? It does take a bit of time and a usb drive and boot from it is required, but...well. Running out of ideas

0 Likes