Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ssuamier
Adept I

Radeon Settings 21.10.2 WHQL Software not starting after installation on Vega 6

Hi guys,

I have a AMD 4600H - Vega 6 IGP - based notebook (Tuxedo Pulse 14). I'm on Windows 10 21H2.

I try to setup one setting for a game component called "Display Pixel Format". I do not know my current settings.

Originally I had OEM drivers installed. I had something called AMD Settings Lite but I only saw settings for Windows Graphic settings (where I can only change Powersaving / Performance modes). If this is a standalone app as well it was not working for me (i.e. probably crashing). With the games I played I did not notice much of performance problems (even on exernal monitors) in Full HD mode.

I installed latest AMD graphics drivers as recommended from AMD page itself to get the settings software to run. I tried

- removed old drivers, installed all new drivers (not only graphics) and reboot

- make sure that Windows Update is not installing any graphics driver by itself

- reinstalling drivers (full reinstall, remove old installation) (both time according to device manager I have correct drivers)

- AMD Cleanup utility and installing drivers again (same, correct I see driver versions)

I noticed that the performance in general improved a bit. But the software has never been running or ever shown up. No icon on desktop or in the systray. After installation software was not showing up.

What am I doing wrong`? Is there another way to change the pixel format? How do I check my current settings?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ssuamier
Adept I

So how can this problem be solved?

You need to rename or uninstall (I don't know how) igdrcl64.dll.

This dll is part of some Intel Video driver package. I choose to rename it. Better solutions are welcome.

The dll resides in 32bit folder of windows (64bit folder contains 32bit variant of said dll...).

Afterwards the software starts fine. I wonder why my Windows 10 Home did include an unstable version of this dll and also how it is possible that the program runs just fine without the dll.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ssuamier
Adept I

So how can this problem be solved?

You need to rename or uninstall (I don't know how) igdrcl64.dll.

This dll is part of some Intel Video driver package. I choose to rename it. Better solutions are welcome.

The dll resides in 32bit folder of windows (64bit folder contains 32bit variant of said dll...).

Afterwards the software starts fine. I wonder why my Windows 10 Home did include an unstable version of this dll and also how it is possible that the program runs just fine without the dll.

0 Likes

I use laptop whole day with no time to take cool PC in my laptop. So it overheating now, in my laptop software are good working and best quality. I doesn't want to loose my laptop, so i check lots of software and idea but related. That time i get one of the best site refer by friend. I use that site it very good and i learn lots things to cool my laptops while using. So i can share that site here, its very useful for you.

I already have a stand which prevents potential heating problems. I have used active blower stands in the past but I currently do not tweak my CPU / GPU performance to get most power out of it via software. In my case 4600H does not allow to change multipliers, so overclocking is out of the question. But if you APU is throttled in your notebook it is usually because of cooling solution or notebook size does not allow more room. If you remove throttling your notebook can overheat. With my Tuxedo Pulse - very thin in size but with very good cooling solution - I did not encounter performance or overheat problems so far.

I personally would instead go for a small APU-based PC (mini-ITX format) where you have some room for overclocking. This solution is faster than notebooks and you can still make it small enough to carry it with you if you have access to an monitor.

0 Likes