cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Murphy_979
Journeyman III

Problem ram and chipset Amd Fx 6300, installed 16gb, only use 8gb and others 8gb reserved hardware

Hello, I have a problem with the memory used with this board. The Amd Fx 6300. I can not find to update the Bios since I do not know if this is the problem to solve that I accept the full memory that I have installed. I have 16gb without OC. It has 4 slots and I have them placed in the 1 and 3 position. I don't know if this position is correct. I can't find information. But it detects the 16gb but only usable 7.97gb. the other 8gb are dedicated to Hardware. I use windows 7. In Msconfig / advanced options, the boxes are disabled in memory.

Is there any link to update the bios?

What position should the slots have?

What solutions are there to try?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Sure if you decide to post your computer hardware especially Make & Model of your Motherboard.

0 Likes
ZAIN
Adept I

Welcome to AMD community, first I can not help you if the slots are not placed corectly follow these steps they may help you: 

Run windows memory diagontics, it will detect issues and help you solve the issues.

If the first method dont help you, run msconfig.exe, select from tabs Boot, press on windows 7, go to adenced options, if the boot are taking an amount of memory clear it, and press ok, apply changes and restart your pc.

If non of above help you reinstall the shipset driver from officel drivers page. If nothing help go to a repair shop and let him correct the positions of slots. Thanks for your question bye.

0 Likes