cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tylergamer84
Journeyman III

Need Updated Support For Old Resident Evil 1 / Biohazard 1 MediaKite 1996

I have this game, but I can no longer play it on my AMD GPU. The drivers that last supported it are over two years old, and I don't feel comfortable using drivers from so long ago. Please address this issue. There are work around, but they make the game so prone to crashing that I haven't had one play session without an error.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, Have you tried the Resident Evil Classic Rebirth? This version uses set of patches enabling to support modern hardware compatibility. I recently played Resident Evil 2 Classic Rebirth on my 6700XT.

0 Likes
tylergamer84
Journeyman III

I am using Rebirth patch. The game runs and plays smooth, but there are several visual bugs on AMD. Like animations showing edges and borders that should be transparent. Example: The steam in the machine room near the end looks like squares. Character models can be seen through walls and foreground objects. Segments of camera angles persist after the view changes. Pixels "smear". There is a fix, but it causes the game to crash after either a certain amount of time or maybe after enough door transitions occur. It's always right around the shark lab for me when using the speedrun route.

Hi, I cannot remember much the Rebirth. Lastly I played was 2 and Last Escape. Luckily didn't ran into any issues with any of them. According to troubleshooting, The artifacts probably an issue of incompatibility with Direct X 3.0c and the graphics card. I'll guide them down here so it'll be easier for you.

• Go to the official dgVoodoo page and download the the latest release
  • Open dgVoodoo executable, add Biohazard.exe from the Add button, and change settings to be like the following (You don't have to anything with the Glide tab)

dgvoodoo.png

• Click on OK and dgVoodoo will create a configuration file inside your Biohazard PC folder
  • From the dgVoodoo folder, enter MS\x86\ and copy D3DImm.dll to your Biohazard PC folder
  • From the dgVoodoo folder, enter MS\x86\ again, take ddraw.dll, rename it to re_ddraw.dll, and copy if to your Biohazard PC folder

If you have done everything correctly, this is what your folder will look like:

dgre-768x432.png

• Run the game and it will now internally work with DirectX11.
  • You can also try and improve visuals with ReShade when the game runs wrapped with dgVoodoo.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Have tired this a few times and cant get it to work with windows 11, any other ideas 

0 Likes