cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nazrex
Adept II

Minecraft Java v1.21 Launch to BLACK SCREEN on Adrenalin 24.6.1

Issue confirmed by Minecraft Developer MOJANG, whom has stated the issue can not be fixed by them, it must be fixed by AMD.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-274190

Issue also popping up on Reddit and Minecraft Forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MinecraftHelp/comments/1ds84ca/minecaft_black_screen_on_start_up_java/?sort...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1ds7wue/does_anyone_else_have_experience_a_black_screen/...

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/3202883-minecraft-java-launches-t...

AMD must fix this issue immediately, or suffer the consequences of our armies of Creepers being sent to their Headquarters.

12 Replies
Nazrex
Adept II

This effects Adrenalin Driver 24.6.1

Rolling back to Adrenalin Driver 24.5.1 resolves the issue; but this is not a suitable "fix" to constantly swap back and forth between Drivers.

Nazrex
Adept II

Also for the record my PC is running a Ryzen 7 7800X3d which is paired with a Radeon RX 7800XT Nitro+.

0 Likes
mangoesw
Adept I

i have the same issue and same solution with a 6650 xt. in my testing, minecraft turns black when you resize the window or fullscreen it.

the video below shows this happening, albeit with some mods however this still occurs without them.

0 Likes
popoto
Journeyman III

Yup im also having this issue now, 7900xtx with the latest driver 24.6.1.

and like above me i can start the game small windowed but any attempt to make it larger causes a black out

0 Likes
Nazrex
Adept II

My original issue has nothing to do with Resizing the Window.

My issue is, Minecraft LAUNCHES to a Black Screen. 

I do not even have access to the game settings menu, and therefore can not resize the Window.

0 Likes

that's what i thought the issue was too, but then i did some testing and realized its not actually the launching, but the resizing, but it looks like it's the launching because the game fullscreens immediately upon launching.

i went into options.txt and disabled fullscreen from there so that the game window wouldn't resize or fullscreen and the game did not turn black. then, when i manually resized the window, it immediately turned black, and the same with when i also reenabled fullscreen.

0 Likes

Well that could be a "temporary fix" ... but its far from a permanent solution.

I found another fix on REDDIT last night...

Someone reported going into their Adrenaline Software and adding the "javaw.exe" file, from the minecraft folder, to their list of "games" and disabling "OpenGL Triple Buffering" on it.   

They reported that this fixed it for them, so I tried it... and it fixed it for me too...

BUT... again, this is not an actual "solution" and is only a "temporary fix" as clearly AMD changed something in their Drivers to have caused this problem in the first place, which argues that AMD still needs to fix it.

0 Likes

FIXED for me

This is how mine was acting too, all the same symptoms and had to change option.txt full screen to false. 

after that I started playing with settings in Adrenaline Software, focusing on ones that may affect scaling and res. I turned Triple buffer OFF and turned Integer scaling ON for Minecraft. restarted the game and now it works in full screen.

I believe the integer scaling is monitor specific so make sure you turn it on for the correct monitor if you use multiple.

Hope this fixes it for everyone else

0 Likes

Update

well that only fixed it till I restarted the launcher, messed with some more setting and now it has worked 5 times in a row of fully shutting down the computer and loading Minecraft launcher with no issues.

here are screen shots of the settings I am using.

Vambie_0-1721826603695.pngVambie_1-1721826643331.png

changed aspect ratio to preserve aspect ratio also turned triple buffer back on.

In Minecraft changed Full screen resolution to "current"

I will update again if any further issue arise

0 Likes
TH3C4V
Journeyman III

Same issue here;

CPU: R7 2700x

GPU: RX 7800xt

RAM: 32gb 3200mhz

Adrenalin Ver: 24.6.1

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

Could you please test the most recent Adrenalin 24.7.1?

0 Likes

fixed on 24.7.1 for me

0 Likes