cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BeelinkUser
Journeyman III

Keep Driver Uninstalled

I have the Ryzen 5500U video adapter and the driver causes flickering on the screen.  It is worse with multiple programs open.   I have tried installing the newest driver and rolling it back to no avail.  I finally uninstalled it and the flickering goes away immediately.  The problem is every time I turn my computer back on, or sometimes by itself, it reinstalls the faulty driver.  Is there any way I can block it from installing the driver permanently? 

0 Likes
4 Replies

Do you have AMD Control Center installed? Does it have an option "download and automatically install new drivers" checked? If yes, then disable. Other thing might be that Windows Updates is installing a driver on its own and all you can do is temporarily disable it (pause updates) in the Windows's Settings.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes
BeelinkUser
Journeyman III

Yes I do but since I uninstalled the driver, when I try to open the program it says that it can't load because of incompatible drivers.  I  will reboot, thus reinstall the driver, then disable, then delete it.  Thanks for the tip.  Let's see if it works.

0 Likes

Hmm, if you've already botched Control Center with "incompatible drivers" error... then it's better to do a full wipe of drivers with either AMD Cleanup Utility (https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amdcleanuputility.exe) or with a special third-party programme called DDU (if you're an advanced enough user, but it's not too complicated). AFTER pausing Windows Updates, of course.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes
BeelinkUser
Journeyman III

Yesterday the screen turned a shade of green and uninstalling the driver didn't work anymore.  I am running the cleanup utility now.   I wish I could just find the driver that came with the computer.  That one worked fine.  UPDATES!!!!!!  Fixing things that are not broken.

0 Likes