Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DevinZ
Journeyman III

Issue with drivers

Hello,

I've ran into some issues with drivers and I'm not exactly sure what to do next.

My display suddenly disappeared while playing a game, after restarting my pc my gpu drivers appeared to be gone/not working properly. (second monitor had no display/main monitor only 60hz)

Recently, I've had this issue twice before, and reinstalling my drivers seemed to (temporarily) resolve the issue. (Also had not found a permanent fix for the issue)

However, this time I wasn't getting any display after uninstalling the amd driver. After restarting a couple of times i did get display.

I've tried using the amd cleanup tool (with success), but when i want to reinstall the drivers i get the following: 

DevinZ_0-1719860751093.png

I'm not sure what the 164E:CB means and don't know how to resolve the issue before reinstalling.

0 Likes
6 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

Does Adrenalin 24.5.1 installation screen show the same information?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Yes i get the same information with adrenaline 24.5.1

0 Likes

Some digging indicates that 164e rev cb refers to the Raphael processors, ie. the IGP of 7000-series CPUs.

If you are not using the IGP of your CPU and only using the RX 7800 XT for display output it may be beneficial to disable the integrated graphics either in Device Manager or via BIOS setting.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Will give this a shot, thank you for the help.

For now the issue is resolved and everything is working as it should again, just have to wait and see if it is permanently fixed.

0 Likes
dome1
Newcomer

Hello I am having the same issues of losing display frequently on my 7900xt 

0 Likes
DevinZ
Journeyman III

Yeah it seems like more people have had similar issues over the years, but i haven't been able to find a clear solution. 

For me it started about two months ago, my pc will black screen, but I'm still able to hear and the pc itself is still on. Only way to turn it off is by holding the power button and after that usually gotta restart a couple times before i get display. Second monitor won't display at all and main monitor only on 60hz, gpu won't show up anymore and drivers seem to be gone/not working properly. Usually just reinstalling the drivers seemed to help but the last time it happened i kept losing display before i could do anything at all. 

Some people claim ddu and reinstalling resolved the issue.

Windows updating and overwriting display drivers in the background is the problem for others.

Some say it might have something to do with psu or monitor/amd freesync.

Or it could be something completely different, i don't even know.

I've tried a couple things now but only time will tell if they are lasting solutions.

But it seems like amd display drivers have had issues for some throughout the years.

0 Likes