cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

New Game Support

• The First Descendant
  • Once Human

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Overwatch® 2
  • The First Descendent
  • F1® 24
  • Outpost: Infinity Siege

Click HERE for more information about HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 149% on the Radeon™ RX 7800XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-642
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

Expanded Operation System Support

• Support for Windows 11, version 24H2

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Counter-Strike 2

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 40% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 4K on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics card. RS-647.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 27% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 1080p on the AMD Ryzen™ 7 8700G processor with AMD Radeon™ 780M graphics. RS-651.

Click HERE for more information about AMD Anti-Lag 2.

AI on Radeon

• Performance improvements and memory footprint reduction for Large Language Models (LLMs) thanks to 4-bit quantization acceleration support for all RDNA™ series discrete graphics products and RDNA™ 3 series integrated graphics products running ONNXRuntime with DirectML.

Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• Technology Preview for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2) enabling PyTorch users with supported hardware to develop with AMD ROCm™ software on a Windows system, eliminating the need for dual boot set ups.

Expanded Agility SDK Support – Introducing support for Agility SDK 1.613 and Microsoft's Agility SDK 1.614.0 functionality.

•  Microsoft DirectX 12 Work Graphs 1.0 API
    • D3D12 Work Graphs support for AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series graphics cards, learn more HERE.
  • GPU Upload Heaps
    • See the DirectX Blog HERE, or our GPUOpen Blog post on GPU Upload Heaps HERE.
  • Shader Model 6.8 – Including Wave Size Range and Expanded Comparison Sampling
  • R9B9G9E5 Support for Render Targets and UAVs

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent system freeze or low FPS on hybrid graphics notebooks pairing certain FreeSync enabled displays.

What to Know

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2

• Anti-Lag 2 will be enabled by default in the Counter-Strike 2 “ADVANCED VIDEO” settings menu.
  • Anti-Lag 2 unlocks improved responsiveness by adding in-game pacing of the CPU with the GPU, particularly in GPU-intensive scenarios.
    • For more information on how to use Anti-Lag 2 and measure latency click HERE.
    • Join the conversation by sharing how responsive is improved with Anti-Lag 2 on your system.

Known Issues

• Virtual Super Resolution or Display Color Enhancements may be set to disabled after driver upgrade. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Intermittent black corruption may be observed on scaled 3d models while using Origin or OriginPro application. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.6.1, use the tag FORUM-24-6-1-GAMER56

50 Replies
CayroMx4
Adept III

I don't want Anti-Lag 2 and AI.
I WANT FIXED DXNAVI AND DAYZ.

CayroMx4_0-1719502193738.png

This!! Come on guys it's about time you sorted this out.. my old dying gtx 1070 is more stable and performant in DayZ over my RX 6800.. it's embarrassing right?!

what's happen with dayz?

0 Likes

Extremely low GPU usage in cities. GTX 1050 performs better than rx 6700. DAYZ IS  BROKEN FOR FCKING 2 YEARS!! 

don't forget about amd bug report tool.

0 Likes

mm I was thinking of buying day z but since you tell me that it is not compatible it makes me doubt

0 Likes
Riptide_NVN
Adept I

Are the black screen driver timeouts and crashes resolved with this? I haven't been able to use R24 drivers with my 7900 card because of that and I'm afraid to try this one. Not a fan of having to rollback because I give this a 50% chance at best of fixing that problem.

Can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved. Haven’t been able to game with my 7900GRE since I bought it. 

0 Likes

I suggest loading the last release of R23. That one fixed all my problems with black screens. Even games have run just fine with it and no crashes.

R24 though is another story and at this point someone else who had the same problems is going to have to go first before I risk loading the new one.

0 Likes
Mrpinutz
Journeyman III

Still 23.11.1 for my RX 6750xt. I will read the comments of those who downloaded it and download it accordingly.

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept I

I'll you test & report  

Draxirch
Miniboss

Not even going to bother.

AMD RDNA3 cards will never get Kingdom Hearts to work.

I'm quite happy just playing it on my Steam Deck now.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I hope things get better on the Kingdom Hearts front. I have never played any of them.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

They fixed cossacks 3 in this driver version, and they didn't even mention this in release notes, so if they said at least once that they are working on issue they gonna fix it

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept I

I see no mentions of "general stability improvements" ... in the readme

0 Likes
Czecher
Adept I

Hello,

I just installed this driver and played WOW. Everything seems to be OK, no issues so far.

Czecher

0 Likes
tanazzz
Adept III

The audacity of these MFers to keep releasing "new features" when an enormous portion of the user base can't even use their computers due to instability in all shapes and sizes. What a joke of a company, literally close your GPU division and give up. Don't even bother releasing RDNA4 clowns.

rawintellect
Miniboss

The settings import/export failure has been corrected in 24.6.1. Thank you AMD!

0 Likes
Aurhinius
Adept II

PAX Dei Issues with FSR3 and 24.6.1 driver in main menu showing extremely pixelated. Works fine once in game.paxdei.jpg

0 Likes

That is terrifying. I would DDU and reinstall the last drivers that worked. That looks almost like the GPU or memory is dying.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

I use Windows 11, version 24H2 and this driver seems to be better than version 24.5.1. If you use Windows 11, version 24H2, you should install this driver.

0 Likes
evil_doer
Adept II

STILL has the same memory leak its had all year.

Please see these threads for info:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-graphics-drivers-produce-infinite-zombie-processes...

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/memory-leak-on-zen4/m-p/692023

Come on AMD. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes

I was one step away to left amd cause of my Driver Timeouts and Blue/Blackscreens with my 7900XTX for over 1000€!

...The good news, no crash since today afternoon

...The bad news, in my favorite game "Rust" the Shadow Cascades are Pixel Artefacts now... Really annoying.

I was a amd customer for decades but this is really pressing me away.... sad but true

I hope this will be patched the next weeks.

To everyone, have a wonderful day.

0 Likes

I've right there with you. 
This 7000 series has been a huge disappointment. I find myself not being able to recommend Radeon at this time. 

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

FC 24 is running awful online after the driver update today!

Anyone else finding this ?

Constant stuttering and just seems unstable

I played it before I updated the driver and it was nothing like this

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

same with my rx 7900 xt

fc 24 is unplayable 

stutters pretty much everywhere !

Had the same again tonight with FC 24

AMD need to fix it with EA 

Was really smooth before the update but now it's horrible 

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
Rustedhammer
Adept II

Sounds like it's save to say this driver isn't worth downloading?
I don't know what changed for me.  I downloaded the 24.5.1 driver and for the first week it was the same crap. Driver timeouts in WoW and in PUBG. However these last 2ish weeks the computer has never ran better.  No timeouts and I feel like chrome running youtube is better as well. I guessing I got a windows update but I have no idea.  
It makes me scared to download a new driver though. 

After a year of nothing but timeout after timeout its hard to trust again.  

0 Likes
W0lfar
Adept I

AMD, please fix massive fps drops in DayZ!!! The game mostly unplayable in cities with my 6900 XT! I don't want to be stacked with 3 year's old drivers only because you don't want fix this issue in years! DayZ is a really popular game. Normal everyday players count on Steam is about 30000 - 40000 players. Please, stop ignoring us. We are your customers! You already did this fix before in the old driver once. Why don't you want to fix this issue again?

0 Likes

Report it daily using the AMD bug report tool. Maybe it will work

0 Likes

You can try disabling DXNAVI.

If you want to use v24.x.x driver and disable DXNAVI, you can try this tool to install v24.x.x driver, it's will bring back legacy DX11 Mode.

[HOW-TO] Install Legacy DX11 driver into Adrenalin 24.x.x and Disable DXNAVI on RDNA2 architecture

0 Likes

In some games I have to turn on DXNAVI to have smooth gameplay. I don't want to turn it on and off every time. In Apex legends I have to turn it off, in rocket league turn it on, in dayz turn it off and in ETS2 turn it on.

0 Likes

This is an optional solution. The best way is for AMD to bring back legacy DX11 Mode (or fixed DX11 stuttering issues) and provide the option to select it in the Radeon panel. But apparently AMD ignored this feedback.

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept I

I'm sure the "reporting tool" works,

But will it actually lead to any actions, i'm not so sure

0 Likes

I send reports to amd every day. They should notice it.

CayroMx4_0-1719568211735.png

0 Likes
marceldekker
Adept II

in the new Adrenalin 24.6.1 Drivers, if i want to change from RGB Full to Ycbcr :4:4:4 etc. it won't work. 

Have tried several things like DDU, uninstall every AMD Drivers with the AMD Tool.

0 Likes

Same problem.

0 Likes

You can try MoreClockTool.

This will do it for now, thanks!

0 Likes

SAME Problems.