cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wallmoura
Adept II

Stuttering issues with driver 24.6.1 (killing FPS)

After installing the latest version of AMD drivers, my recent games (Darktide, Overwatch 2, CS2) are experiencing random stutters, like the game is dying to process something, which kills the FPS significantly, and goes back to normal seconds after. In Darktide is completely unplayable because it goes through the whole game, meanwhile other FPS games is just for a few seconds and takes a while to experience again the issues.

TUF B550M-Plus - R5 5600X - RX 6600XT - Win11

0 Likes
3 Replies
rockovissi
Adept II

Same. I’ve noticed this with the Riven remake that just came out, previously I was using last month’s drivers and the game was fine. After I updated there were severe stuttering in most areas of the game. I even tried a clean install by using the clean up utility and also cleared the cache. I eventually had to revert to June’s drivers and it was perfect again.

rlctech
Journeyman III

Fortnite is completely unplayable using my z690/12700k/xfx 6900xt build on this new driver. I did a full ddu wipe and am now looking to find last months drivers... This is the first update to make a game unplayable and ive been running amd gpus since the rx480..

Navaren
Journeyman III

Yep, same here.
Cyberpunk 2077 (all patches and DLCs) gets random stutters every minute or so, but gets super bad when there's a phone call or a text to answer.

Ghosts of Tsushima was less obvious, but it's there.

And generally, FPS seems and feels a bit lower.

Reverting back to previous driver eliminates the problem.
ASUS TUF x570, R5700X, RX6800