cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

confuser
Journeyman III

Issue with Adrenalin 24.7.1 (AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE)

Dear AMD Support Team,

I am experiencing a significant display issue after updating my graphics driver to Adrenalin 24.7.1 on my RX 7900 GRE GPU. Upon booting into Windows 11, I am encountering significant display issues after updating my RX 7900 GRE graphics card to the Adrenalin 24.7.1 driver. The problems include:

1. Screen Splitting and Color Issues: The screen splits into two halves, with one side turning completely white while the other remains black. Occasionally, the screen is entirely black, or only one side displays, and these issues manifest upon system startup and login.

2. Incorrect Scaling and Resolution: When the screen does display, the resolution and scaling appear incorrect, distorting the image and making it unusable. This is accompanied by color distortion, where colors are inaccurately rendered, appearing either washed out or overly saturated.

I have ensured all cables are securely connected, attempted a clean installation of the driver, and tested the system with different monitors. The issue persists across these tests. The issue disappears when rolling back the driver to Adrenalin 24.6.1 or older.

System details:

• GPU: RX 7900 GRE
  • Driver Version: Adrenalin 24.7.1
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Operating System: Windows 11

This issue appears to align with other reports of display malfunctions associated with this driver version. I am seeking assistance to resolve this issue or any advice on potential workarounds. Additionally, if this is a known issue, I would appreciate information on an expected fix or update.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

5 Replies
Denzel55
Journeyman III

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you with my 7900gre and windows 11, my only solution for the moment while waiting for an update of the adrenaline drivers is to delete the current drivers and install an older version 24.5.1.

Hey, did you also try version 24.6.1? Did you experience any abnormalities with 24.6.1 that made you switch to 24.5.1?

0 Likes

No, I think I saw someone on a forum complaining about the 24.6.1 drivers, which is why I went straight for the 24.5.1, but maybe I'll try the penultimate version.

Version 24.6.1 gives me a black screen when I start Windows 11, so I'll stick with version 24.5.1...

0 Likes

Interestingly, I do not face this problem with my system, but I do experience some performance issues (stuttering) while gaming.

Many thanks for trying and reporting!

I will try 24.5.1.

0 Likes