cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: How to disable hotkeys in Adrenalin 2020 (19.12.2) driver?

Jump to solution

Does this not work?

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

Jump to solution

it seems something on AMD keeps "alt" button busy, despite i disable all hotkeys like this, after i upgraded AMD, i have this problem, on another program, alt key stop functioning properly, and despite disabling hotkeys like this one by one a lot of work, coz sometimes i want to enable them, and yes i can press "reset" but later when i wanna remove them, again one by one i should disable them, its annoying, a one enable/disable hotkeys switch would be awesome

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

This should be communicated to AMD:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've sent them a report about the issue

0 Likes
gaff
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Pressing backspace as your hotkey sets it to "None", but you have to set the Anti-Lag hotkey for some reason, so I did some obscure key that is rarely pressed by me. This is my setup:

RadeonSoftware_ZVUNkgVLXx.png

0 Likes
arminlinder
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same issue. Isn't there an option to install the Radeon driver only, without that annoying bloatware GUI thingie? Seems the standard setup is an all-or-nothing pack.

Armin.

aganm
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same issue. This stupid thing is breaking shorcuts for all kinds of programs that I use. Still no option to disable them all at once? This is unbelievable.

kazyarog
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I can't believe this is seriously an omission... Apart from the software being extremely user unfriendly 

0 Likes
kazyarog
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Utterly ridiculous. It's been six months and no solution to the issue? I've built a machine upon AMD parts and this is letting me down big time. At least let us have drivers without the "software"...

0 Likes
twf85
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It would be nice if there was an overriding setting that disabled all the Hotkeys, but really, disabling them one-by-one only took a few seconds. As soon as I did that, I was able to use ALT+SHIFT+I to fire up the Google Chrome Dev Console, so I am happy.

As gorgeous as the new UI is, and as much as I think some of the reactions in here are a little over the top, I do agree with the general theme of this thread. It was awfully presumptuous of the Radeon Team to hijack user's keyboard shortcuts. If this is something I have to look forward to every time I update the software, I will probably only do so when absolutely necessary.

0 Likes