cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

roman380
Adept I

How to disable hotkeys in Adrenalin 2020 (19.12.2) driver?

New driver takes over hotkeys like Ctrl+Shift+U, Ctrl+Shift+R and displays notifications suggesting to enable something unneeded. This conflicts with other software where these hotkeys are assigned for something useful instead. For, example Ctrl+Shift+U is Edit, Advanced, Make Uppercase command in Visual Studio. 

How do I disable AMD Adrenalin hotkeys completely? The only hotkey related setting I could find is this and it does not help:

pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution
t3hbernardo
Adept I

I went through all the entries for hotkeys in the registry. These are the ones I found, setting the values to "None" disables the hotkey. Copying the following into notepad and saving it as a .reg file allows for easily disabling of them all.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR]
"MicPushToTalkHotkey"="None"
"SaveInGameReplayHotkey"="None"
"SaveInstantGifHotkey"="None"
"SaveInstantReplayHotkey"="None"
"TakeScreenshotHotkey"="None"
"ToggleCameraHotkey"="None"
"ToggleDvrRecordingHotkey"="None"
"ToggleMicrophoneHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRegionRecordingHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRsPerfRecordingHotkey"="None"
"ToggleStreamingHotkey"="None"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR]
"ToggleDvrToolbarHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRsHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRsPerfUiHotkey"="None"

Some stubborn ones still remain though, such as toggling the FPS counter, so I had to roll back to a previous version to get rid of all of them.

Thanks for ruining my day, AMD.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
flyirok
Journeyman III

I was searching for this "global hotkey disable" option too with no success. Highly expecting this feature asap

roman380
Adept I

OK, here it goes in registry under 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR

pastedImage_2.png

Editing hotkey entry like I did above with following re-logon is a temporary workaround.

marcosfachetti
Journeyman III

My temporary solution: if you go to HOTKEYS, you can select anyone of them (or all) and click BACKSPACE, this will make them NONE...

awasaky
Adept I

Yes. A lot of hotkeys can't be disabled. For example Antilag technology add some hotkeys to Alt and Ctrl. My eSport Game have a lot hotkeys like Alt+R, Alt+T, Ctrl+T and some else. So I hear endless beeps from driver 2020. This is make me very angry, and I switch off all new techs, because they ruin my gameplay expirience.

Alt+R is "ToggleRsHotkey" value in registry key I mentioned above, you can try erasing that to possibly teach Adrenaline better manners.

t3hbernardo
Adept I

I went through all the entries for hotkeys in the registry. These are the ones I found, setting the values to "None" disables the hotkey. Copying the following into notepad and saving it as a .reg file allows for easily disabling of them all.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR]
"ToggleRegionRecordingHotkey"="None"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR]
"ToggleDvrToolbarHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRsHotkey"="None"
"ToggleRsPerfUiHotkey"="None"

Some stubborn ones still remain though, such as toggling the FPS counter, so I had to roll back to a previous version to get rid of all of them.

Thanks for ruining my day, AMD.

If you want to avoid making edits in the registry or prefer an easier method using the GUI you can disable them in settings.  Here's a link to the support documentation for customizing hotkeys.

Here's a screenshot.

0 Likes
bedbugbite
Journeyman III

How did you go about going back to a previous version? These hotkeys for the FPS counter, and whatever L CTRL and L ALT do are driving me NUTS. I CANT DISABLE THEM ANY WAY!

roman380
Adept I

So in new release of driver package they added more hotkey settings in the UI...

...without offering an option to disable this annoying nonsense!

Additionally, all the combinations were re-enabled. Thanks AMD for responding to this feedback.

insomniac
Adept I

PLEASE ADD A GENERAL BUTTON AMONG OPTIONS THAT DISABLES ALL OTHER HOTKEYS, WHEN I PRESS IT, I WANT TO ENABLE THEM BACK AGAIN, IT CONFLICTS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, SO SO SO IRRITATING!

Does this not work?

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

it seems something on AMD keeps "alt" button busy, despite i disable all hotkeys like this, after i upgraded AMD, i have this problem, on another program, alt key stop functioning properly, and despite disabling hotkeys like this one by one a lot of work, coz sometimes i want to enable them, and yes i can press "reset" but later when i wanna remove them, again one by one i should disable them, its annoying, a one enable/disable hotkeys switch would be awesome

This should be communicated to AMD:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

Thanks, I've sent them a report about the issue

0 Likes
gaff
Journeyman III

Pressing backspace as your hotkey sets it to "None", but you have to set the Anti-Lag hotkey for some reason, so I did some obscure key that is rarely pressed by me. This is my setup:

RadeonSoftware_ZVUNkgVLXx.png

0 Likes

Same issue. Isn't there an option to install the Radeon driver only, without that annoying bloatware GUI thingie? Seems the standard setup is an all-or-nothing pack.

Armin.

aganm
Journeyman III

Same issue. This stupid thing is breaking shorcuts for all kinds of programs that I use. Still no option to disable them all at once? This is unbelievable.

Utterly ridiculous. It's been six months and no solution to the issue? I've built a machine upon AMD parts and this is letting me down big time. At least let us have drivers without the "software"...

0 Likes
kazyarog
Journeyman III

I can't believe this is seriously an omission... Apart from the software being extremely user unfriendly 

0 Likes
twf85
Journeyman III

It would be nice if there was an overriding setting that disabled all the Hotkeys, but really, disabling them one-by-one only took a few seconds. As soon as I did that, I was able to use ALT+SHIFT+I to fire up the Google Chrome Dev Console, so I am happy.

As gorgeous as the new UI is, and as much as I think some of the reactions in here are a little over the top, I do agree with the general theme of this thread. It was awfully presumptuous of the Radeon Team to hijack user's keyboard shortcuts. If this is something I have to look forward to every time I update the software, I will probably only do so when absolutely necessary.

0 Likes
hezardastan
Journeyman III

It's simple and does not need to do anything in registery. just watch screenshots.1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Good Luck Guys.

As of version 23.5.2 they added a global hotkey disable:

1. Select Settings cog from right hand menu.
  2. Select Hotkeys menu tab
  3. Toggle "Use Hotkeys" off

I'm shocked that they hijacked hotkeys like they did.

CTRL+SHIFT+S is universally the "save as" hotkey for nearly all apps and they hijacked it for instant screen replay. Ugh! Bad UX decisions.

0 Likes