cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

srlake3d
Adept I

Error 1603 Installing 23.3.1

I've perused the internet and even got support involved.  I've done everything at this:
Thank you for your e-mail.
Based on the inquiry, I understand that you are experiencing error 1603 on your system.
I would like you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to try and resolve your issue.

• Perform clean boot / selective startup.
  • Perform the following steps to do a clean driver removal using AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstall the GPU driver.

Now, it's stuck at 89% with 17 sec remaining.  It's been like this for an hour.  What should I do? It was having the 1603 error, which is what led me to reaching out to support, but now it only sees one monitor, not the three, ugh.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
5 Replies
srlake3d
Adept I

Now after attempting the above, it still errored out 1603 after an hour of running the 23.3.1 .

I only have one monitor out of three :(.  Ugh

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Have you tried previous drivers?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Yes, previous drivers are having issues with adrenaline. I keep the previous versions in downloads JUST in case this happens with updating to newer ones.  

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

23.3.2 is also available to download here.

0 Likes
srlake3d
Adept I

So it seemed to install on its own for 23.3.2, however video and audio glitches were still semi present.  Then I got the email for the 23.4.1 update.  Inside of the existing Adrenaline, the autoupdate, as well as me pressing update led to fails.  So I manually downloaded.  It failed, over and over.  I wound up using the AMD Utility, and replace the Window's default generic driver with updating.  That fixed it, but no Adrenaline software!

0 Likes