cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dylan_TH
Journeyman III

driver download issues

i have recently bought an asus ati radeon r9 270x dc2 2gd5 directcu ii 2gb and ive been looking for the driver downlod and its brought me to the amd catalyst software but every time i try to download it it comes up with an error message saying "application install: install package failure!" is there anything i can do to fix/resolve this issue?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is the latest R9 270X Legacy driver for your GPU Card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-...

Download and run DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller - with the internet disconnected and AMD installation folder deleted at C:\AMD.

Then after reboot run the full AMD Driver package and see if it installs without any errors.

NOTE: Seems like you still have some leftover AMD Driver left or you are trying to install the same version again.

0 Likes
Dylan_TH
Journeyman III

Hi thanks for the reply ive just tried what you said but when i try to install the catalyst software that asus/amd reccomend it still comes up with the same error and when i try to install the adrenalin edition software that you reccomended it says that no amd hardware can be detected

0 Likes

Please download and run GPU-Z and upload a image of your GPU Specs.  Thanks

0 Likes