Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jordan12133
Journeyman III

Display driver amduw23g stopped responding

Hi all,

Appreciate there's a few threads on this already, but they're a few months old and gone through most and not managed to find a fix as of yet.

Just updated to a pre-built, AMD Ryzen 7 7700X with Radeon RX 7700 XT, and getting constant crashed and black screens with "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Happening all the time, and no specific trigger. It happens every time when opening a game, or just randomly while web-browsing etc.

I've used Cleanup Utility and tried to go to roll back to a previous driver, problem still persists.

Only had the PC a few days but incredibly frustrating spending so much money to be unable to use it. If no fix in the next few days, definitely going back!

1 Reply
humac
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue: I just did new build but using integrated graphics just to get the system installed as I wait for early 2024 to buy a new GPU. My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX

RAM: T-Force Delta RGB DDR5 6000 

I've tried everything suggested short of reinstalling the OS and nothing seems to work. I may stick a cheap NVidia GPU in here to see if it has to do with the AMD drivers themselves, but this is disappointing cause I was planning to get a Radeon RX 7800XT but if it's this unstable I may have to move on to NVidia