cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Chumba170
Journeyman III

DirectCompute disabled on 7900xtx

I’ve been having issues for a week now with games crashing on launch. If I restart my pc, any game will launch fine but if I close the game and try to launch another game, it’ll crash and I have to restart the pc again. I noticed in GPU-Z, DirectCompute becomes disabled which causes games to not launch (restarting pc re-enables it). I’ve tried everything under the Sun to fix this on my end (reinstalled GPU and chipset drivers, rolled back drivers, rolled back windows updates, reinstalled windows, cleared cmos and reinstalled ram, changed a bunch of things in bios, updated bios, etc) and had no luck. I really do think it’s something software related because people on Reddit have claimed the same thing is going on with them. Does anyone have a fix for this or are we just going to have to wait for AMD to fix it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think it is pretty much any performance overlay software, I reinstalled 23.7.1 without the adrenalin software and I haven't had any more problems. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
445D
Journeyman III

I had the exactly same problem, it got solved after my windows cleanly reinstalled(just for few hours).

And it happened again while I installing my commonly used software,so I have to reinstall my windows again. The problem is that I cant figure out which software caused it. 

0 Likes
crimson11
Adept I

According to reddit, try uninstalling the "Omen Gaming Hub" if you have that installed. I'm still testing, but it might be the cause of all of this.

OMG THIS WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

0 Likes

I think it is pretty much any performance overlay software, I reinstalled 23.7.1 without the adrenalin software and I haven't had any more problems.