cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BrunoA7
Adept I

Coil whine continues on 24.7.1 like 24.6.1

I have a Gigabyte RX 6600 and version 24.6.1 introduced coil whine and this problem was not resolved in 24.7.1. Everything I do on the system has coil whine, even minimize Adrenalin software or scroll a page.

What's going on with you AMD?

9 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

AMD did not build the card, Gigabyte did.

0 Likes

And why does this only happen in 24.6.1 and 24.7.1? I'm not the first one here with this problem. Gigabyte did not build the drivers, AMD did

I also have this issue on the same chipset (RX6600), it happened after the 24.6.1 driver just like he said.

I have an AMD 6750 XT reference card. Same problem.

dza
Adept I

@BrunoA7 wrote:

I have a Gigabyte RX 6600 and version 24.6.1 introduced coil whine and this problem was not resolved in 24.7.1. Everything I do on the system has coil whine, even minimize Adrenalin software or scroll a page.

@BrunoA7 wrote:

I have the same RX6600 card a ASRock RX6600 Challenger ITX and it also started with the coil whine on 24.6.1, also happens on 24.7.1 and reverting to 24.5.1 fixes it - you are correct its like it happens easier with general usage just inside Windows - even running a continous "ping" will produce coil whine on every ping.. Its incredibly annoying.. Playing a video it will totally crackle.. Scrolling up and down in any window; same issue whiny-whine-whine..

24.5.1 did not do this, reverting to that driver is silent in comparison.

TechnoDethMetal
Journeyman III

Yes!! Same here..

I have an RX 6800xt.

Windows 11 pro, 64bit, 23H2.

The coil whine goes even louder if I play Cyberpunk 2077.

I had to rollback to 24.5.1. Everything is fine again.

I think is something related to the AMD gaming overlays. Even disabled.

dza
Adept I

Honestly its insane how little it takes for the GPU card to go wild. I was restarting my OPNsense router and it has very tiny spinning reload animation and it makes the GPU go WRRRRRRRRRRR.. I mean comon! What on earth is going on?

And just installing the old driver.. Poof.. Silence again..

HewinFM
Adept I

Any updates on this from AMD?

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

STRIX RX6750XT Still no coil whine(Corsair HX1200i PSU),2 Years old.

0 Likes