cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KerimG
Journeyman III

(Pics included) 6700 XT flickering and flashing for viewer when sharing screen over apps.

When I'm sharing my screen through Skype or Teams, the recipient gets lots of green/purple flashing glitches and artefacts when I move around windows or when a YouTube thumbnail is visible on page. But only if the page containing the YouTube thumbnail isn't fullscreen and some other weird conditions.

It almost exclusively happens when sharing my second monitor's screen.

What they look like for the person on the other end: 

2Aq0tDA.png2JWu0BX.png

(imagine it flashing constantly)

Video: 

(never mind the big cursor, I recorded from my Mac. The viewing device doesn't make a difference. My girlfriend is seeing the same graphical glitches when I'm screen share with her Win 10 computer)

Driver version 23.9.1 (latest according to AMD Adrenalin)
Windows 11 22H2
CPU: i7-13700K
GPU: RX 6700 XT
Main monitor: Acer XV340CK P (144Hz)
Second monitor: Acer XV240Y P (165Hz)

The second monitor is connected to the iGPU but the problem also occurs, when connecting both monitors to the dedicated GPU. The problem does NOT occur when connecting both monitors to the iGPU but unfortunately, that's not an option for me.

I tried all sorts of settings. Adjusting screen refresh rates, disabling/enabling FreeSync, turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome (and Firefox), disabling MPO, changing the Windows graphics settings for Skype and Teams to use "high power", changing from HDMI to DP, using a different monitor, and a bunch of other things I don't remember anymore.

I am worried that it's a hardware problem with the 6700 XT, which would be saddening. The GPU is less than 4 months old. I asked in the AMDhelp subreddit but got no resposne.

To test whether it's some sort of issue with recording the screen.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

5 Replies
jcpaf
Adept I

I have the same issue, same Radeon RX 6700 XT, same issues when sharing content via Microsoft Teams. Please help us to solve this issue.

0 Likes
lormor
Journeyman III

Got the same problem. 6700xt GPU with 7900x CPU 

If only connect displays just to the mobo using IGPU the quality is OK.  But ss soon as I connect just one monitor (any monitor) to the GPU every screen I share has occasional green/purple flashes. It's also very clear that the quality is much lower with marked color banding and flickering on even static images.

I too have tried a pletora of settings (hdr, resolution, refresh rate, color depth...)  to no avail.

Found out that this issue doesn't manifest with other softwares. Interestingly, even the web version of Skype on chrome is fine and just like google meet doesn't produce any artifact.

It would be nice to have some responses from a representative. If nothing else, just because these glitches can trigger seizures on sensitive subjects making AMD hardware not suitable for work environments.

0 Likes

I have this problem too when sharing screen on Skype app. Any solution? It stopped happening for a while after I disabled MPO, but it started doing it again. I doubt it's hardware related, since it only happens on certain scenarios. Any update?

0 Likes
jackj83
Adept II

i dont think its you hardware i have the xfx rx6700xt qick 319 im having problems with mine as well black screen after driver install been like since jan i think its windows 

0 Likes
Dextertje
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with a 6700xt and a 5600x. Im getting kind of tired of hearing all kinds of complaints when im sharing my screen. I would really be pleased if this were to be analysed.

0 Likes