cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LiterallyAnfrew
Journeyman III

Cant change resolution, AMD software keeps on uninstalling, and external monitors not connecting.

Hi, I am trying to get new drivers for my Acer Nitro Laptop i got back in 2020, It has Windows 10, paired with a Ryzen 7, AMD Vega 10 Graphics, and a RX 560X. I simply tried to get latest drivers for it as i had recently repaired it. What i didn't know is that i would be spending 8 HOURS at my desk attempting to have the same experience i had before i updated them. What happened was i installed the new PRO version for the 560X, It worked nicely but the resolution for my TV was off, and it was not connecting to the tv either, so i forced it by shutting the laptop lid when i started it up. My experience was bad so i reopened the driver installer and got the same exact thing with the Adrenalin version. Except now the Vega 10 Graphics were errored when i looked at Device Manager. i tried to update it from device manager, Screen blacked out, came back, brightness at 300%, resolution still messed up, and my AMD software that came with Adrenalin suddenly disappeared on a reboot! And not even mentioning the fact that Windows update always fails while trying to install the latest update! I have spent like i said, 8 HOURS ON THIS LAPTOP, and yet i still cannot get it to work, i have tried using the Update Assistant, tried resetting windows update, checking if my install was corrupted (which it was not.), dug up old forums from 2016, and still I'm sitting here at my desk wondering what the hell did i even do. Frustrated out of my mind i have decided to make a forum post. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Forerunner

Polaris and Vega support has been retired. Download the latest available drivers from the system manufacturer Acer.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Polaris and Vega support has been retired. Download the latest available drivers from the system manufacturer Acer.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Worked like a charm, cheers!