cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jerlocke
Journeyman III

Can't game with new build

• I recently built a new PC with a 7950x3d and a 7900XTX this was going to be my do it all PC. I have downloaded all drivers from amd adrenaline software, got all the drivers for the motherboard downloaded and the newest bios. Windows 11 running on the newest version. Everything works except for any video games in my steam library. All my game will open and run at 7fps. New old doesn't matter. I looked at task manager to make use it was using the GPU instead of the APU and it was but my usage for my CPU and GPU were only at 6%. I've restarted and reinstalled everything I can to try and fix this. I can stress test the GPU from the adrenaline software and see the usage go up to 100% and I can't see the CPU usage go up when I test that. It's only in games. I have no idea what to do. My last system had a 6600xt and a 3950x and never had problems gaming like this. 
5 Replies
bgrbell
Adept I

That sucks, try rebuilding your pc? i had to transfer to a new case, and when i did a few problems i had with my pc stopped happening. Befor installing BIOS u should look at what people say about diferent versions becuse some of them might be bugged, also check your BIOS for any unusual settings that might be turned on, also try turning on ReBAR in your BIOS, it might be a bit hidden so do a bit of digging.

Ive heard that fulty ram can somtimes stop your pc from working right, try the classic RAM troublshoot.

None of your hdd or ssd's are fulty?

Im farily new to building pc's but these are just problems ive had with building a pc

if none of this works (if you have a discord acount) AMD probably have a discord comunity if you look you might be able to in realtime, or try redit as a last resort.

Ive started going off amd for so many problems they have cused me.

Hope that helps

FunkZ
Exemplar

Did you also update the Windows Game Bar and ensure that Game Mode is enabled?

https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming/how-to-set-up-your-system-with-a-new-amd-ryzen-9-7950x3d-or/ba-p...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

The AMD discord is a great resource with some excellent on-demand troubleshooting. I'd suggest that you also ask there and cover all the bases. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
javiercarpenter
Journeyman III

Hey Jerlocke, that's strange! Did you check the BIOS settings for any integrated graphics options that might be conflicting with the 7900XTX? Setting the primary display adapter to PCIe would be a good starting point.

0 Likes

Additionally, if you're facing any issues with your vehicle after the update, consider contacting Caloundra car detailers for a professional inspection.

0 Likes