cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dsteele713
Journeyman III

B650E audio not working on linux

I have a (mostly) new build, but I'm having major issues with the audio, and moderate issues with the bluetooth stack [linux-hardware.org proble results attached](https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=a5af576c52).

Main relevant specs:
ASUS ROG Strix B650E Gaming WiFi
7900X
6600XT

Current setup is Mint w/ Cinnamon, and I've been having major issues. The big one is that the standard 3.5mm audio out jack straight up doesn't work and isn't recognized by the system, sort of works when I use my monitor's 3.5mm jack but I get a lot of popping, and I can only get clear audio over bluetooth, but that's really finicky and my headphones that support multipoint struggle to stay connected. I had to go back to using my older bluetooth headphones that don't support it, and only with this machine which is annoying.

Question is: where are the drivers for this setup? Are there any?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AdrianP
Adept II

Linux drivers are generally included in the kernel, and your kernel is too old to support your audio chip. Install `linux-image-generic-hwe-22.04` and `alsa-ucm-conf` to add support. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AdrianP
Adept II

Linux drivers are generally included in the kernel, and your kernel is too old to support your audio chip. Install `linux-image-generic-hwe-22.04` and `alsa-ucm-conf` to add support. 

Thanks dude, didn't realize mint was running a slightly older kernel. After updating to your suggested kernel version, the aux jack showed up as an available output option after being plugged in finally.

0 Likes