cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

td47
Adept I

Using the AMD Bug Report Tool

The AMD Software monitor app (AMD Software Adrenalin Edition) is supposed to have a proper in-built bug reporting tool, as shown in the picture in the link below.
However, in the latest Adrenalin editions, that icon (and therefore the tool itself) seems to be missing.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

However, it can be downloaded as stand-alone program exectutable from here:

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/software/amdbugreporttool.exe

On the Drivers & software forum here, I spotted several attempted BUG reports, going back from 2014 to 2022 but other that a few replies from knowledgeable enthusiasts, I did NOT SEE any replies from official AMD support tech or development reps, so on the face of it, it seems a waste of time in putting AMD software bug reports on here. I DO see in the Terms of Service for the forum, that it states "This is a user to user English language only Support Forum", but it ALSO states "This board is moderated by both AMD employees and authorized agents", so it seems that AMD want things both ways!
I guess us techie users (I am a retired sysadmin & Oracle DBA) will have to take the word "moderated" as meaning "checking for bad content" rather than actually providing any official AMD support.

I used the stand-alone Bug Reporting Tool successfully yesterday, although it had an odd list to choose from for selecting the "affected game or application". It seems to list your Desktop Icons to select from. Luckily, the WER (Windows Error Report tool) was in the list so I chose that as it was THAT tool that picked up the fact that there was a Windows Error Report (WER) for part of the AMD Software Adrenalin (the AMDSServe.exe) that created an Access Violation (0cC0000005) during its initialization.

Hopefully THAT method will have resulted in the error report going into proper AMD support channels.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Apologies for very late reply to this topic. As the AMD Adrenalin seemed stuck on an old release, I persevered, and I DID manage to find a newer release (22.11.x?) and manually download and install it. I DO now see the bug report icon! It has since updated to 23.7.2, and working well (apart from a minor Game Identification bug  - where it thinks that the Office 2021 AI.EXE tool  is "Alien  Isolation")!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

You do not generally get a reply, unless you include your email address and they warrant that more info may be required.

There is a separate tech support email address for troubleshooting in which they work through steps to resolve problems (if possible).

And forum Mods, will step in usually only to acknowledge/notify serious issues reported by multiple users are being looked into. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks for the information. However, one of the main points of using a forum, is that the posters details are NOT public, and only a handle or username is visible. I would never post my email address, except if asked for in a Private Message.

I did find an official AMD Web Form here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

and elsewhere from a search, I found HW.Support@amd.com but that suggests Hardware Support. Could they have an additional one for Software bug reports, starting with SW perhaps?

If you DO have a proper email address for AMD support, maybe you can post it to help others visiting this forum?

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Don't post your email. This forum is user to user, and unless something major with a large number of users experiencing the same issues occurs, you will likely only hear from other users on this site. The form you found is what you should use to get official support from AMD. You could post your specs, operating system, and GPU driver version along with the issue you are experiencing here, and someone may know how to work around or resolve the problem.

I see your initial post mentioned the bug report tool being absent from Adrenalin. I am using 22.11.2, and see the bug report tool is at the top of the window. 

Please provide your system specs, GPU, CPU, RAM configuration and speed, Motherboard, and PSU, operating system and driver version and like I mentioned earlier someone might know how to help you.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Apologies for very late reply to this topic. As the AMD Adrenalin seemed stuck on an old release, I persevered, and I DID manage to find a newer release (22.11.x?) and manually download and install it. I DO now see the bug report icon! It has since updated to 23.7.2, and working well (apart from a minor Game Identification bug  - where it thinks that the Office 2021 AI.EXE tool  is "Alien  Isolation")!

0 Likes