cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kevosreprisal
Journeyman III

Audio Issues with AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Adrenalin

I just updated my graphics driver to the latest one from the AMD website. My laptop restarted after the update and it became absurdly loud, as if it were on 100 volume. If its on the lowest volume possible it'll still be as if it were on 100 volume. Tried reverting audio driver's but I dont have that option available, I really dont want to factory reset again. The reason why I updated was because I wanted access to the AMD Software Control Panel feature, but I couldnt open it since my Graphic Driver wasnt up to date. Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Couple of suggested workarounds are, from device manager update amd audio co-processor ether from Search auto... or Browse my comp & select from different driver?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Try the AMD Cleanup Utility to uninstall completely the graphics&audio drivers, then reinstall them, details at: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-audio-issue/m-p/661505#M187421

0 Likes