cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Abdulkhader2005
Journeyman III

AMD audio issue

I have issues with my laptop. The issue is sound. Its always on maximum volume, even if volume slider is set to 2%, changing slider does nothing. I have noticed "AMD audio device" in my device manager, but everytime I try to disable or uninstall it, my winddows (11) crash (blue screen). I tried everything from google, everything that ChatGPT suggested but nothing worked. Can you help me please?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Try going to Window's Sound Panel and adjusting the Sound level of your Main Audio device under "Properties".

Screenshot 2024-01-16 145413.png

0 Likes

Other users have fixed it with updating the audio driver from Device manager, using 'search auto..' or 'browse my comp..' and select different driver if listed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I had a similar problem: audio broken on an AMD laptop (microphone device disappeared and volume controls for speakers no more working as in your post), since Windows 23H2 update and/or Adrenaline drivers update: no way to convince Windows to uninstall the (Ryzen 5825U + Radeon GPU) drivers: blue screens with useless QR codes and sudden reboots happening at every attempt to uninstall the current drivers and/or reinstall them. For me, the only fix was a few KBs in a little utility nobody points to: the AMD Cleanup Utility (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601), it reboots Windows ensuring the processor+graphics+audio drivers are NOT loaded, then it uninstalls cleanly the drivers. A reinstall of the AMD Adrenaline drivers this time worked, fixing both the microphone and the volume control on speakers in a few minutes.
This happened on a HP Pavilion 15-eh2014nl laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5825U CPU + Radeon Graphics.
I'm reporting the experience in the hope it can be useful to others.
0 Likes