Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020

Under new driver forcing AF seems not working at all. Even in case of DX9 games (tried to set it for Oblivion).

Cant revert to older driver because there is none (5600xt here).

What to do?

44 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020

На данный момент есть 4 драйвера для 5600, прямо под выбором операционной системы есть кнопка, предыдущие драйверы и старые драйверы pastedImage_1.png

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I tried all the drivers with no success. The "2020" drivers are just broken completely. Now I also have problems running some older games.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I have a similar problem with my 5700 XT. Neither the Anisotropic filtering nor the Anti-Aliasing overrides work in DX9 games. I first noticed the problem when playing Skyrim VR. When I upgraded from a Geforce 1060 to a Radeon 5700 XT. I immediately noticed the roads in Skyrim VR were blurry. With my old Geforce 1060, I always had 16X Anisotropic filtering Globally forced on. So, I went into the Radeon software and forced it on. It didn't work. Then I tried several other DX9, DX11, and DX12 games. The only game I ever got to respond to the overrides was Serious Sam Fusion in DX11 mode.

Unlike your 5600 XT. I have a 5700 XT. So I started back with driver version 19.10.1. No driver version I have tried works. The features do seem broken.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I see this on my 5600XT as well; and the failure to force AA on DirectX games, or it shows graphic corruption/artifacts in some old games like Links 2003 and Visual Pinball X.

20.2.2 didn't address it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, i will file a ticket for this issue. 

Does it happen in any other DX9 titles or just Oblivion? If you could provide the names of a few more games that would help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Amdmatt: Here's a couple more, Links 2003 and Visual Pinball X. Note the artifacts on golfer and on pinball flippers and lanes circled in red.

Links2k3 Bad Driver.png

Visual Pinball Corrupt Graphics 20.2.2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is that using Anisotropic Filtering or Anti Aliasing though? If that's with AA then that is a separate issue. 

I saw your thread and am working my way towards that so i will update it in due course.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I have AA and Anistropic filtering both set to override applications, figured I'd give you some datapoints as the poster lcountach above mentioned them both too.  Maybe none of the usual suspects are getting respected in DX9 games.  Good luck, thanks for jumping on the issue. Fingers crossed for 20.3.1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

What happens if you just use Anisotropic filtering at x16 and leave all AA settings set to default? Do you have a screenshot of what that looks like? 

The ticket i filed is on these AF settings not getting applied to DX9 titles. Corrupted and or missing textures is something different and would require a different ticket. 

0 Kudos