Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon RX 480 8GB XFX Edition 
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 19042.746 Build - Version: 20H2
  • Driver version installed
    • Version: 27.20.14501.18003 - Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
    • (This seems to take over no matter what I do, even running DDU in Safemode and trying to block windows updates with Regedit)
    • Last attempted to install: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL)
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor - HDMI to DVI cable purchased on amazon - refresh rate set to 64hz in settings(only choice) but shows as 1.0000hz for some reason, assuming this is driver related.
    • https://imgur.com/a/GRmfWSV
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Corsair RM850 - 850w
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • OlOy WarHawk RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin Intel/AMD Ready DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model MD4U083216EDA

Describe your issue:

• When attempting to install graphics from the AMD Radeon Driver site below, no matter which version of Adrenalin we use, when we attempt to run a game its FPS is in single digits and when we right click the desktop, it appears without the normal option for Radeon.
    When we search for the Radeon software in the start menu and run it, we get an error: 
    No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.”

I have spent 10+ hours reinstalling various versions and running DDU in safemode, reinstalling in or out of safemode and all possible combinations.

Here's the link from which I downloaded the driver package that should supposedly be for my RX 480:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-480
  • All games affected by this.

• All game settings produce these results, one key piece of information is that in APEX Legends, it doesn't recognize that we have ANY VRAM at all to provide to the Texture Streaming Budget.
    Because of this, I updated the BIOS with no change.

• If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue: https://imgur.com/35Wi41x

• I have tried various troubleshooting videos, forums and while it appears they worked for many others, I seem to be one of the few that these did not help.
    Perhaps I am doing something wrong along the way but it seems odd for that to be the case when following video instructions step-by-step.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Let me know if you need any more information, thanks!
2 Replies
Antassium
Journeyman III

Bump.

0 Likes
Forfi
Journeyman III

I seem to have exactly the same problem. I tried to uninstall the last Windows updates, clear the graphics drivers using the AMD cleanup utility, and install again - nothing helps!

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Powercolor Radeon RX480 Red Devil, 8 GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 10.0.19041 (I uninstalled the last Windows updates to try and get the graphics drivers up and running)
  • Driver version installed
    • I tried both adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-win10-64bit-nov18 and non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.1.1-win10-64bit-jan21
    • https://imgur.com/a/GRmfWSV
  • HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor, connected via DVI, 1680x1050
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Intel Core i5-6600
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P, F2 27.07.2015
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • BE QUIET! Straight Power 10 500W
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • KINGSTON HyperX Fury DIMM Kit 16GB,
      DDR4-2133 (Kit of 2)
0 Likes