cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

• New Game Support

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta
    • Concord™
    • FINAL FANTASY XVI
    • Star Wars Outlaws™
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution.
    • Support now added to automatically configure AMD FSR 3 frame generation in:
      • Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III
      • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
      • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX

• AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • Get a decrease in latency in Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT at 4K “Very High” settings of up to 28% when using AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 with frame generation with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 compared to using it without AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT graphics card. RS-669
      • Users looking for a way to measure response time can use our Frame Latency Meter (FLM) or the built-in latency monitor in AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
    • Check out our new blog HERE to learn about the benefits of Anti-Lag 2 and how to monitor your latency.

• AI on Radeon™

•  Support and optimizations for the latest 2.1 version of Amuse application with FLUX.1 model support.
      • Amuse 2.1 is supported on
        • Radeon™ 7000 Series
        • Ryzen™ AI 300, 8040 & 7040 Series
      • FLUX.1 model is supported on
        • Radeon™ RX 7900 series, AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon™ PRO W7800 graphics cards.
        • Minimum 32GB system RAM required.
      • Click HERE for more information. 
  • Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while playing Black Myth: Wukong.
    • Intermittent application crash may occur while playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess on some Radeon™ RX 6600 and 6700 series GPUs.
    • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while launching Pacific Drive or KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-.
    • Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering settings from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to correctly apply for OpenGL® applications.
    • Artifacts may appear while playing certain games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales or Rust.
    • Increased memory usage may be observed while playing certain versions of Minecraft Java Edition.
    • Improved “Optimizing Shaders” time when initially launching Forza Motorsport.

Known Issues

• Overly dark shadows or desaturated colors may be observed while playing Black Myth: Wukong when Global Illumination is to Medium or higher. Users experiencing this issue may set Global Illumination to Low as a temporary workaround. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.2]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.8.1, use the tag FORUM-24-8-1-GAMER56

59 Replies

Looks like it was not a permanent fix. I got a driver timeout and black screen earlier.

0 Likes
doa0101
Journeyman III

Constant driver crashing. 7900xtx  

I can trigger it by running a browser on a second screen and trying to watch a video that is hardware accelerated like youtube at the same time while playing any game. Screen goes black, can still hear what is going on but the driver does not recover. 

edit 

Did a brand new install of windows. Still able to reproduce the problem the exact same way. On driver 24.8.1

Can you try disabling the Microsoft Edge Updater as I mentioned in my previous post? For me it fixed the issues for the moment on 7900xt. Let me know if it works.

Commands are below:

sc config "edgeupdate" start=disabled

sc config "edgeupdatem" start=disabled

0 Likes
JensenG13
Adept II

Remnant 2, huge stuttering issues, like every 10s. Got game locked to 75hz at 3440x1440, and frames goes to 60-68 non stop. Literally unplayable. And this is bad news because 3rd DLC will arrive in few days and LOT of people will gonna play it for many hours.

Edit 1: Reverted back to 24.5.1, and ALL stuttering gone literally. So, avoid 24.8.1 for R2.

Edit 2: Stuttering gone, yet old good DriverTimeous are back.. Three so far. One while alt-tabbed, 2nd+3rd while changing in-game video settings.

You AMD people are something else..really.. Can't create a stable driver at all.. Paid nearly 1200€ just to get worst drivers support.. 

W0lfar
Adept I

24.8.1 is out, but the problem with DXNAVI is still there like it was 2 years ago! Guys, this isn't even funny anymore. You've been ignoring the DayZ problem for years. You don't give any specific answer. My next card will be from nVidia, but I wish other DayZ players would choose a quality product and a company that cares about their customers. Just mention on your site that your GPUs are not fully supported for this product. It will at least look fair.

MaxvanGelder
Journeyman III

Good day, I have upgraded from NVIDIA GTX 1650 to an RX Radeon 6650 XT and I have noticed some issues with the cursor I have never had with NVIDIA. The cursor seems to be a bit whiter (the outlining that's black) than normal cursors. I have also noticed an issue when you try to place your cursor on a text bar, I have noticed on Microsoft Edge it seems to go fully white until you click on the bar again. I do not know how to fix these issues, but they are quite annoying. (The cursor seems washed out.)

I also am experiencing very frequent stuttering and bad performance on Farming Simulator 22 and even GTA 5.

Sincerely,

Max van Gelder

Bozuk2024
Journeyman III

So before installing this on windows 11 with a amd radeon 6750 xt graphics card I just started getting green screen. I don't play games on my pc either so certainly shouldn't be getting green screen issues. I stream watching TV shows & movies. Well I assumed cause the driver was outdated. I updated to this driver & it keeps green screening on me. I'm getting so **bleep** frustrated as I have some important things I need to do on my computer to finish an online course. Phone isn't an option. How do you fix it? Get my pc back only bought this graphics card last year. 

Try changing port cable is plugged into, then try a different cable. Cheapest possible fix. Otherwise, it's probably a GPU hardware failure. Make sure windows is updated and valid with sfc/dism commands (probably nothing to do with issue). You can also try DDU then reinstall of drivers. Good luck.

0 Likes

A green screen of death (GSOD) indicates a preview version of windows. A blue screen (BSOD) indicates a RTM version. What release of Windows are you using? Can you revert to a non-insider release and retest?

Qley
Adept I

I am very happy to say that with this update I can play Temtem, my favorite game, safely again. No more lag.

still broken !!!

Jani38
Adept II

WHERE IS THE 24.9.2 ADRENALIN DRIVER?

0 Likes
erikovick
Adept III

is anyone having this issue where Amd software is auto opening after waking up the pc?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/1f5re1i/is_anyone_having_this_issue_where_amd_software_is/...

screen keeps black screening i’m playing the sims and then after like two hours of gameplay it black screens. i can still hear the audio on my other monitor which i play videos. i’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the new driver but the process repeats. help

cynlinsky
Newcomer

screen keeps black screening i’m playing the sims and then after like two hours of gameplay it black screens. i can still hear the audio on my other monitor which i play videos. i’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the new driver but the process repeats. help

Cory_
Adept I

Still crashing in Kingdom Hearts. Now it's roughly every 1-2 hours rather than every 10 minutes.

animker
Newcomer

i don't know what to do anymore,i'm having terrible sttutering problems after i updated to this **bleep** driver version(24.8.1).

please call me to know when you guys fix this mess.

rx 6600

ryzen 5600g

Dezmatch
Journeyman III

Hello,

On Game Pass, with latest drivers 24.8.1 : 

• Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III : GPU stuck to 20 fps, working at 10% max.
  • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta : fully functionnal, more than 100 fps.

Adrenalin detect BO6 on game tab, but MW3, I can't add this app.

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

GPU : RX6650XT

RAM : 16Go 

0 Likes
Mharderntmamd
Newcomer

Hello

Since last update, random black screen, need to reboot computer and disable/enable graphic card.

I've been using Nvidia GC for years, and i tried for the first time AMD.

I will never, ever do this mistake again. Only had issues for 6 months now, amd software is **bleep** with too many options (**bleep** about that, radeon chill, boost, anti lag, chill, super resolution, omg i just want the best out of this card without having to put 3 hours to understand every options and what to set?)

Going back to nvidia card, and i will recommand Nvidia to every person around me from now.

NTM FDP

0 Likes
Dragokar
Forerunner

They released Adrenalin Edition 24.10.37.10 with Anti-Lag 2 Vulkan support for CS2, performance fixes regarding Space Marine 2 and some bugs about Wukong. Take a look:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-software-adrenalin-edition-24-10-37-10-release-not...

0 Likes