cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1.
For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 driver release notes.

Highlights
New Game Support

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  • F1® 24

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
  • Starfield
  • The Last of Us™ Part I

Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 136% on the Radeon™ RX 7600XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-643
  • Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 86% on the Ryzen™ 8700G APU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-645
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

AI Applications on AMD

• The latest version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition ensures optimal support and performance, providing the most refined enhancements and optimizations for the best user experience.
  • AMD Software can power AI functionality included with leading ISV applications. Content Creators can rely on AMD Software to accelerate AI-enhanced features in many content creation apps, including Adobe® Creative Cloud, Blender®, DaVinci Resolve, Topaz Photo & Video AI and many more. Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• AMD Software enables lower-level AI functionality with popular frameworks like PyTorch and ONNX Runtime on Linux®, enabling developers, enthusiasts and researchers to work with AI on select Radeon 7000 series desktop GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing World of Warcraft® or World of Warcraft® Classic on RDNA™ 3 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 on Radeon™ RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.
  • Corruption around certain water elements may be observed while playing Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled.

Known Issues

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.5.1, use the tag FORUM-24-5-1-GAMER56

125 Replies
wbtcpip
Journeyman III

whatching youtube and ...bang...gpu freeze

2024-05-21_214733.jpg

thanks god in few days nvidia gpu will arrive and i will disable this amd gpu

0 Likes

based

0 Likes

The drivers released in 2024 not only failed to resolve any issues but also created new ones. There isn't a single user who hasn't encountered errors related to DirectX 12, 11, 10, or 9. I have lost hope for future updates.

I installed the 24.4.1 software. The graphics cards appeared in the system, and options for screen recording and live streaming were added, but there were stutters and lags. I updated to 24.5.1. Currently, both graphics cards are visible in the system, but if they are incompatible, why is 24.4.1 being installed on my laptop? I think separate software should be released for RDNA3, RDNA2, and Vega technologies. The onboard graphics card always causes issues during installation. My system specs are 5900HX and 6800M.

gto_pro
Adept III

Untitled.png

And here's the reason why -

dx12.png

Snuggis
Adept I

Still getting random driver timeouts in World of Warcraft (7900 XTX).

Not a single issue with 23-series driver. I suggest roll back to that.

0 Likes

Are you still getting driver timeouts in wow?  I was right there getting the timeouts when I first installed this driver.  I don't think I've changed anything, but I haven't had a timeout in probably a week or two.  It could be the card just messing with my emotions though. lol   This has only been going on for a year + now.

0 Likes
erikovick
Adept II

To conclude, the AMD drivers are made by high school students and they are useless or have errors that they should not have at this stage of development, I don't say the same about the processors that have done it well.

AMD should consider developing a good ecosystem before launching an 8000 series

Pluckiee
Journeyman III

fix the ghost Tsushima my amd 7800xt keep crushing after the update 

Stanzajko
Journeyman III

Hello i am really dissappointed cause something is really wrong with new drivers, i see updated to version 24.5.1 but when i check info about it , it gets me to 24.3.1 page , my secondary graphics card is still on version 24.3.1 . Tried cleaning the drivers 10 times , reinstalling . But nothing works and Ghost od Tsushima is unplayable . It shows me same error over and over again. Game reads the drivers as IT is version 24.3.1

WantToLoveAmd
Adept II

This is not a DX12 only issue though

WoW kept crashing for me on DX11 once or twice a day with a 7900 xtx which is now just a heavy paper weight

go nvidia!

0 Likes
Schnoz
Adept I

Unfortunately the infamous device hung error still hasn't been fixed. Mainly on DX12 only games. Dragon's Dogma 2 randomly crashses with it, Dead Space (2023) is unplayable since it will crash every 20-40 minutes, Cyberpunk 2077 will sheldomly crash but only if you are running videos in the background and very rarely Remnant 2 will also crash with the error.

WantToLoveAmd
Adept II

I'm gonna send an email to gamers nexus and compile all the places people are complaining about these trash cards

I don't even use my 7900 xtx anymore

this is about retribution

almost 2 years and can't even use my computer reliably

Just make a list of user reported issues start fresh each driver, you see their will be lots of user reports that go ignored, RDNA3 especially has many issues that do not exist on RDNA2 but that is not always the case, sometimes it affects older GPU's as well.

0 Likes

Yeah I can't believe no one has talked about this yet.

please do. feel free to using screenshots of my posts. got so tired of AMD i rma'd my 7800xt. if the replacement keeps crashing i'm just gonna flip it and be done with AMD

0 Likes
anthonydavid
Journeyman III

Have you got the solution about AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 Release Notes?

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

After exiting games with vram overclocked to the desktop and run Opera GX , OperaGX crashes at random times.

After a while it can hang , it gets a gray screen.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

If there's something we know is that their consistency to not address issues that people flag up is pretty bad.

Well I'm only hoping that the Steam version of KH1.5+2.5 might just work correctly, since AMD won't fix it.

0 Likes
Obt1
Adept II

Please @amd fix Direct X issues on COD MW3 that would be great.......
It's been since last year I'm reporting the issue only drivers from november doesn't have the issue.

We are a lot of players with the same issue.

Would be great if you guys could look into it please.  

Screenshot 2024-06-03 161751.png

0 Likes

You can't see anything in this picture , it's too small.
Secondly, reduce the OC of your graphics card and processor if you have one.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

Roll back to 23-series and the DirectX issue goes away. This whole 24-series is bad. I haven't had a single issue after going back to 23-series driver.

0 Likes
endrii
Adept I

What about Linux Version ?

0 Likes
Marek_Horacek
Journeyman III

After installing new Adrenalin Edition when I start Win 11, the image switches to a very unpleasant pinkish tint, which is really not nice, it helps at most to uninstall Adrenalin Edition and the colors are then back to the original as they should be. I have an RX 470 graphics card. I tried uninstalling all the original drivers based on your application and reinstalling everything, but it still switches the color to a nasty pink.  Is there any way to fix this ? Since it's currently impossible to keep working on this.

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

On my side these drivers are better and I only had 1 driver timeout in almost 2 weeks, which is good. So far I think these timeouts may be related to browsers update processes that run in the background.

I also had one black screen, but the drivers are usable compared to the previous versions for me on my 7900xt.

I will keep them for now and post more details if I find something else.

0 Likes
Zyv
Adept II

Please add anti lag 2 to valorant

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

Not sure why it double posted.

0 Likes
user15
Adept I

well, thanks to this release, My card is dead now. It does not even load a simple game menu. I would never buy amd stuff ever again. here is full explanation: 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rx-6700xt-crash/m-p/687063#M193185

0 Likes
Riptide_NVN
Adept I

FWIW. Loading the last R23 driver resolved the black screen problems I was having in MS Windows 11. Both with a 7900xtx and a 7950x iGPU.

0 Likes
bhasadmuller
Adept I

When are you guys going to fix the video encoder issue in VR ganes ,

This has been highlighted countless time even Virtual Desktop recommends to use old version of drivers

Pls fix VR issue bro

0 Likes

Reporting using the bug report tool in Adrenalin might help. That is how the driver team finds out about issues. Any one having issues of any kind should report them. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
raptorhan
Journeyman III

I was getting min 144 fps @2k with  6800 with  24.4.1. but with  24.5.1 I got 58-75 fps on diablo IV on win 11 (64bit). Am I the only person getting low fps?. (yes I tried 2 times install/uninstall with ddu and my settings are global performance) I have 5800x - x570e - 32 gb 3600 cl16 -980 pro set.

0 Likes
OnlySphinX
Journeyman III

I have a Big Problem with this ATT,My GPU consumption is above 60 percent after installing Driver 24.5.1 with nothing open

radu1006
Adept III

I spoke too soon. I have a 3 driver timeouts in the last 2 days. Even Windows gave up on AMD and installed automatically a generic driver afterwards.

0 Likes
Melisamaya
Journeyman III

A lot of bugs after I update to win 23H2. 

0 Likes
tolcheen
Adept II

I guess we are just skipping 24.6.1 ?

0 Likes

I really hope they bury the whole 24-series and start fresh. Nothing but problems.

0 Likes

It's not a series. It's a date. It won't change to 25 until next year.

24.5.1. is 2024, May, driver release 1

claverman
Journeyman III

Since I installed Adrenalin my PC stops recognizing the keyboard and disconnects it, any solution for that?

0 Likes