cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

forkwny
Adept III

AMD Ryzen 7840HS - Radeon Driver memory leak

This apparent memory leak issue has been a problem with my 7840HS Mini PC system for quite some time, spanning multiple AMD Radeon driver releases. I'm currently running 24.7.1 on this system. I've DDU'd the past couple of driver installations, doesn't make a difference. Over a few days of uptime, the memory leak gets worse and is only fixed upon restarting the system. When Desktop Window Mgr uses up that much RAM, it's generally a sign of a graphics driver problem. For example, the Desktop Window Mgr on my 6700XT gaming PC uses under 50MB of RAM, and that system has 128GB of DDR4 memory.

Any potential solutions or will this be addressed in a future driver release?

Radeon Software versionRadeon Software version

Massive amounts of memory used by AMD and Desktop Window MgrMassive amounts of memory used by AMD and Desktop Window Mgr

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
1 Solution
forkwny
Adept III

Not sure what happened but literally the day after I posted this, the memory leak went away. There was a cumulative Windows 11 24H2 update (July) released but that was it. Problem gone. Bizarre for sure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
forkwny
Adept III

Not sure what happened but literally the day after I posted this, the memory leak went away. There was a cumulative Windows 11 24H2 update (July) released but that was it. Problem gone. Bizarre for sure.

0 Likes