cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Shut1le
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics Black Screen Problems

Hello, I am a laptop user. My graphics card version remains at 23.12.1, and whenever I try to install newer versions, I encounter a black screen error. I have tried various methods to fix it, but nothing seems to work.

9 Replies

Yes, I am facing the same issue on my HP Victus ryzen 7 7840HS w/h Radeon 780M graphics and nvidia rtx 3050 model. I have confirmed that this issue is indeed caused by the Radeon 780M graphic card. Its been months and this issue is still not resolved. For explanation, whenever a video plays in background and you have the latest drivers installed on your pc of the radeon 780M your screen flickers and refreshes. Its really annoying since you experience videos a lot during casual web browsing and the screen blackens out of nowhere.

I am facing the same issue on a brand new laptop HP victus 16. Is the issue with hardware? Amd 780M graphics card? Or is it with driver? Should I return laptop or it's just software issue? 

The issue lies solely with the AMD 780M graphics card, and it's entirely software-related.

0 Likes
erenalyoruk
Journeyman III

Same problem with HP Victus 16 s-0060nt (7840HS and RTX3050). Windows installed drivers works perfectly but when i want to update to latest drivers it happens. Furthermore, Linux has latest drivers so it has way worse than Windows. 

0 Likes

Hi, is your problem solved already? I recently bought Acer Nitro 16 R7-7840HS/32GB/1TB NVIDIA GeForce RTX4060 165Hz QHD which has that amd ryzen 7 7840hs w/ radeon 780m graphics inside as well. I have now the same problem, flickering and random black screens while using web browser (Opera GX in my case). Any way to solve this?

No there's no fix yet. Use your vendors drivers from support website. These should be tested and work well.

ilyushaua
Journeyman III

I experience this too, tired of this. Can't wait when it will be fixed with a new driver update 

My problems with black screens and flickering in Opera GX somehow stopped without doing anything to be fair, I switched to Mozilla sadly. But probably every single case is different

ilyushaua
Journeyman III

glad to hear that your problems are stopped. I wonder, are you using 60 hz or 120 hz? 

0 Likes