cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

edocaprio
Adept I

AMD Radeon 780m drivers will be released soon?

I' m with a ryzen 9 7940HS and apparently the editing softwares keeps crashing, after months from its launch there is no driver for the graphics yet.

I bought this APU specifically for content creation however is unusable, was wondering if there are any news or estimate date of the release of the driver as I can't work properly and have to consider to buy other alternatives.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates when available. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-ryzen-7-7840u-adrenaline-drivers/m-p/620639#M17808...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
barry7
Adept I

I have the same issue, can AMD provide a new driver for Ryzen 9 7940HS? Thank you.

stevenvhb
Adept I

Yeah I have the same problem. Although overall the 7940HS is a great processor, it's unacceptable that AMD is still not fully supporting the '12CU/780M part' on the die as it does with 680/660M and Vega 8,9,11 etc..

REALLY AMD23.png

weirdol
Adept I

And what is the most disappointing: so far, AMD support has not given any explanation on the timing of the driver release.

Have the buyers of the Phoenix series become electronic orphans?

eispfogel
Adept I

And not only Editing Software is crashing. There are some games too.

The silence from AMD regarding driver support is ... frightening. The Support points to OEMs, but i don't think that they are able to develop their own drivers(besides the largest ones like ASUS, HP and so on).

It sucks to have great Hardware, which can't be used correctly due to no software support

0 Likes
avorontsov90
Adept I

0 Likes

Yes I got told the same, however is the 24th July now..so it should be within days maximum.

0 Likes
jimlai
Journeyman III

I got the issue with Minisforum um790 pro still waiting for new driver
Driver conflict with 780M and 5700XT - AMD Community

0 Likes
edocaprio
Adept I

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates when available. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-ryzen-7-7840u-adrenaline-drivers/m-p/620639#M17808...