Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: RX 5500 XT 8GB

CPU: RYZEN 5 3600 6 CORE 12 THREADS

Motherboard: AsRock B550M Steel Legend

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.10, 6/11/2020 SMBIOS Version: 3.2

RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix

PSU: Cooler Master 650 Watt semi-modular

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 Home

GPU Drivers: Various (Can't get the last two release as of June 29 to work. Also tried: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL) Adrenalin 21.5.2 Recommended (WHQL)

Description of Original Problem: I noticed dual monitor support wasn't working when I woke my computer up from sleep mode. Tried to reinstall drivers and windows crashed. Now even when I reinstalling windows I cannot successful install drivers. I either get error 39 in device manager or windows doesn't boot at all!

Troubleshooting: Tried reinstalling windows multiple times and tried different driver versions each time. Tried checking if driver would work in Ubuntu, but my motherboard has trouble working with Ubuntu . I've tried looking at windows log and disabling the AMD external service (this does stop the crashing), but I still can't install drivers or even run the Radeon software. I've even tried CSM vs. UEFI. I also tried to reseat the graphics card itself. Nothing is working. I have also messed around different version of chipset drivers. As for dual Monitors I confirmed that both ports are working. I just can use them because I don't have drivers.

Could the problem be the graphics card itself? Outside of the drivers not working on a perfectly clean install of windows there are no visual problems other than the screen going black when the computer is crashing. I don't do any overclock or under clocking. I run everything stock.

0 Replies