cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smaragd98
Journeyman III

AMD GPIO Controller - Code 12 in Device Manager after disconnecting power - New System

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me. I built my new system last week. Installed is:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X @65 Watt Eco mode set via BIOS
RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance CL 30 DDR5 RAM @6000 MT/s EXPO
Motherboard: MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 7700XT Nitro+
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 12M 850 Watt 80+ Gold
SSD: Lexar NM790 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX

Now to my problem:

Since the system was built, I accidentally noticed in the device manager when I was uninstalling a USB device that was no longer needed that the AMD GPIO controller (driver version 3.0.0.0) sporadically after a cold or restart of the computer shows an error:

Screenshot 2024-05-18 141541.png

Translation:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Sometimes the error occours and sometimes not.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 142351.png

Overnight or when I'm not using the PC, I switch off the power strip on which the PC, monitor, etc. is hanging using the WLAN socket.

I just noticed on the first boot of the day that this error in the device manager always appears after the PC was started for the first time after being unplugged for a few hours. Could this be helpful for troubleshooting?

What I've tried so far to solve the problem:

1. Reinstalled chipset drivers
  2. Older chipset driver version installed
  3. Reinstalled Windows 11

Unfortunately, nothing brought any improvement or fix.

I didn't find anything online related to the Code 12 and the AMD GPIO controller - the only thing I found were old posts regarding Intel iGPUs or graphics cards - and there, among other things, a defect was suspected - which I really hope isn't the case with my system. ..
So far I've only had 5 hours to test the new system with games (Rocket League, XDefiant, Halo Infinite, Overwatch 2) - benchmarks such as 3D Mark with Time Spy or Steel Nomad as well as Cinebench 2024 ran without any problems with satisfactory results.

I would be happy about any kind of help! Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aleph
Journeyman III

Hi, very same problem here and no solution yet.

The screen remains black if connected to the Palit Geforge 4060Ti graphic card, but if I move the video plug to the motherbord, the screen turns on and Windows is there available.

Investigating on the graphic card

0 Likes
Aleph
Journeyman III

Another symptom was that resuming from S3 or S4 mode did instead restart my pc. After restart I occasionally had error code 12 AMD GPIO controller and no Geforge graphic card was detected.

I just downgraded BIOS from version 3.1 (last) to 2.1 (last but one), and resume from S3/S4 now works. Errore 12 is not there, but it was occasional so need some more time to check if that is solved. But something has changed, apparently the situation is better than before.

0 Likes