cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ChrisT-A
Journeyman III

AMD Drivers

My computers C Drive is almost full and whilst Windows takes up a significant part, the AMD folder is showing as 21.6GB size on the disk.  Looking under that folder the Drivers folder has 18.GB usage, which seems very high (?)

I've recently updated to the latest Radeon Software version (22.6.1).  Within the Drivers folders there are a fair number of what seem to be old version folders and files.  What disk usage should the software be taking up and how do I go about identifying and removing anything that may no longer be needed?

As a none IT tech person I'm not sure about making any changes, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
3 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

You can safely delete EVERYTHING in the C:\AMD folder.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

You can just clean up C:\AMD folder after you install drivers. This folder is usually used so you can rollback to previous drivers without looking up and downloading them. Basically this folder is used by AMD installation software to unpack main archive and launch main setup. You can go into it and see subfolder names. They will look like this "AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.10.1-Win10-Win11-Oct4"  for AMD GPU driver (there is version and release date written on it, so it will be different folder for different version of driver), or "Chipset_Software" for Chipset drivers if you use AMD CPU. 
After driver installation these folders are no longer required, so you can delete it completely if disk space is concern.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Mine is about 500 megabytes. Maybe just delete it, unless you have saved videos there or something.

0 Likes