cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zzugzwang
Adept I

amd drivers problem

It seems like I've been experiencing performance issues with games for the past couple of weeks. When I play, it feels like I have low fps (but fps is fine), it’s hard to move the mouse at times and there are lags in general. Despite trying various troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling Windows 10, updating drivers for my chipset and video card, reinstalling them using ddu, and repeat all the above steps on the Windows 11, the problem persists. I also tried running the game with and without drivers, but there was almost no difference.

I've noticed in the Device Manager that several devices are not starting correctly, including AMD Crash Defender, AMD SMBus (which indicates the driver isn't installed even though it is), AMD L2C Controller, AMD Audio CoProcessor, and AMDWDDMG (related to the video card). The events log shows a message stating "device configured => device not started." I tried using 'uninstall device' and after reinstalling these services started, but the problem persisted. I initially suspected a problem with the video card, but it appears to be functioning normally according to Task Manager and GPU-Z. The card heats up to around 65 degrees when the game is running and cools down to 40 degrees after closing the game.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

I`ll be glad if someone helps solve my problem

0 Likes
1 Solution
zzugzwang
Adept I

Solution:
Reinstall a clean Windows 
Disable Windows updates
Disable Display Driver Update in Advanced System Setting(Hardware - Device Installation Settings)
Download Microsoft's Show/Hide Updates tool(wushowhide)
Open tool and disable all updates for AMD.
Next, you can enable Windows updates and install them
After this, the AMD drivers installation will be successful

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, have you tried Disabling FreeSync, Virtual Super Resolution or in game overlay mode?
Hi, If it's a prebuilt PC have you tried getting drivers from the manufacturer site. Because Microsoft relies on the each hardware manufacturers to supply those drivers and they are normally out of date. Probably faulty old AMD drivers that's messing up these services.

0 Likes

Yes, I have these functions disabled. This is a Lenovo laptop. I tried using device diagnostics via lenovo bridge on the lenovo website, but it did not give any results. I have the latest chipset/video card drivers installed

0 Likes

I see, I'm not sure if it's the Adrenalin update causing it or Windows keeps replacing it with an old driver. Disable or turn off Display Driver Update. You can find this on, Advanced System Setting - System Properties - Hardware - Device Installation Settings. Do a DDU cleanup in safe-mode and install Adrenalin. If problem still persists, try the same process but with a previous version of Adrenalin.

Also, for the low performance. See if any application like Chrome using Hardware Acceleration and turn it off.

0 Likes

doesn`t work

0 Likes

try to install the latest Chipset drivers from AMD webpage

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes

I've done this many times

0 Likes

So not even a previous AMD driver version works? Is this your laptop model and have you used the drivers listed in it?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-15ada05/download...

0 Likes
zzugzwang
Adept I

Solution:
Reinstall a clean Windows 
Disable Windows updates
Disable Display Driver Update in Advanced System Setting(Hardware - Device Installation Settings)
Download Microsoft's Show/Hide Updates tool(wushowhide)
Open tool and disable all updates for AMD.
Next, you can enable Windows updates and install them
After this, the AMD drivers installation will be successful

0 Likes