cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radcon
Journeyman III

AMD driver timeout RX 6700XT

I've just built my new pc a few months ago and I have been playing everything extremely well. One day (December 28th is the first crash report I found) I was playing Halo infinite as usual and suddenly it crashes, giving me the AMD notification that my drivers have timed out.

I have been everywhere and tried many solutions on both windows 10 and 11 including:

-DDU multiple times

-many different driver versions all the way back to june of 2021, including the halo drivers

-all the steam and in-game fixes, verification, reinstalling, changing visual settings in-game

-BIOS updates, Windows updates

I guarantee I have tried many more solutions in addition to these, but I just need individual help at this point. My specs are:

CPU- Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU- AMD Radeon RX 6700XT

Motherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)

2x16 gb RAM

A clip of me loading into Halo today for one minute before the crash. I think it's important to note that it only crashes in a match, even though visual glitches are apparent even in the menu. (skip to 1:00 to get to the match instead of watching loading screens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Be5OTvQrk

3 Replies
amdman
Challenger

I believe there are problems with Halo Infinite, put in a bug report. I have seen multiple posts, and if the card passes benchmarks and other similarly stressful games work, that points to a driver or game specific problem. I hope it will be fixed for you.

0 Likes
milanamd
Adept II

" I think it's important to note that it only crashes in a match"

Does that game use anti-cheat software? I believe this is where the problem lies, but no developer (Hunt: Showdown) wants to do anything about it.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

What PSU have you got?

It could be many things, is this the only game it crashes in?

What are your temps like CPU and GPU and do you have good airflow?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes