cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BrokenAngel67
Adept II

AMD Driver Problems

So, this problem started a week ago now.

Out of the blue, i started getting flickering and weird graphical issues in games. Its hard to describe, but you know when you are scrolling through a webpage, text and images start flickering. Its that type.

The graphical issues i was getting in games.. its like antialiasing isn't being applied at all. Including on videos on the web as well. You can see weird jagged lines on the edges of things, they are flickering. Wavy lines are appearing when something is moving, like a camera in a video or when you are moving around in a game.

I'm currently using the latest recommended drivers. 20.11.2

I've tried everything to fix this. I've done numerous scans to see if it was my computer, that all checked out. I checked the monitor and checked the HDMI cable was playing up at all. That was fine. It was plugged in properly. I even tried switching cables and the issue still persisted. 

I switched monitors to see if the problem was happening on there as well. It was. I reset my computer, just in case it had anything to do with Windows. Nothing. The problem is still there.

I used DDU to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, even switched back to an older version to see if it happened. It did. 

I'm at my ends rope. I've tried everything and it's still happening. I'm wondering if anybody here has the same issue at all?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
xlox
Miniboss

Re: AMD Driver Problems

we don't know your gpu and 20.11.2 shouldn't be the uptodate drivers depending on gpu

0 Kudos
BrokenAngel67
Adept II

My graphics card is a Radeon R9 280x. Sorry about that.

According to what it says on the AMD website, that version is the current recommended drivers for my GPU. There is optional drivers, but I've already tried them and the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

not sure to be able to visualise your probleme , about wavy line, but .. so yeah , i thought this card wasn't supported anymore , but appears i'm wrong last driver is the same as the other card  : 21.2.3

so go with this one for start 🙂

then try to undervolt+underclock to see if it help , it it gets better , maybe because your card is old , check temps etc, ... then you can try to reapply thermal paste to see if it helps ...

0 Kudos
BrokenAngel67
Adept II

Just updated to 21.2.3, even though it was an optional driver. The issue is still persisting. 

I have no idea about undervolting or underclocking. Its not my area of expertise, so i don't touch any of that stuff.

Temperatures are currently sitting at 53 degrees. 

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

ok, use gpu-z to check temps while gaming

0 Kudos
BrokenAngel67
Adept II

Just done it. Did you want me to post the log here?

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

won't be necessary if you can check the max temp , do you see it ?

0 Kudos
BrokenAngel67
Adept II

Yep. The max temperature was about 80.

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

...okay 80 should be okay ... so... in fact could you capture and post a picture of the problem to help to visualise ?

0 Kudos