cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

et34n1ty
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline Driver over 24.5.1 capped FPS with Escape From Tarkov when it shouln'd

This issue need to be handle by AMD; which i've done a lot of bug report into the driver and they seem to not handle it. 

Since version 24.5.2 and over, i reported over and over on each update to Bug Analysis about a problem with all latest version later than 24.5.1.

in 24.5.1 and previous version driver;

When you activate in driver 'AMD Anti-Lag' and set the game 'Always disable v-sync' and set the game to V-SYNC the game is uncapping FPS has it should be.

Proper setting to uncap FPS in Escape From TarkovProper setting to uncap FPS in Escape From Tarkov

in 24.5.2 and over, until version 24.7.1

If you set the same settings into AMD Adrenalin and in Escape from Tarkov, the fps is capped to 120 fps "which is fit with the refresh rate". Either if the game is set to be uncapped.

Settings in game that uncap the FPS.Settings in game that uncap the FPS.

I've reported a lot of times the issue with Bug Tracker, but without any resolution.

I also submit the video of before and after the version, never get a resolution.

I never have this issue with NVIDIA graphics card. I'm a pre owner of 'GTX 1080, GTX 2070 Super, RTX 3070 TI' and always worked has expected.

Tags: bug, capped fps, escape from tarkov, amd, adrenalin, driver

0 Likes
2 Replies

I have both AMD GPUs and Nvidia they both have similar issues from my experience, with my RTX 4090 giving the worst problems lately with flickering watching YouTube or Netflix and issues with HDR which seems Nvidia just does not want to fix so yea there about the same when it comes to issues with crashing which my 4090 has given me lots of Blue screen of death issues along with audio issues in games which gets annoying so makes me wonder is it the GPUs or the Devs making these games...

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

@addiepie79 

I get NVIDIA graphics card before this one and i always get uncap FPS. It's just you didn't set the NVIDIA control panel to proper options. See Youtube Video for NVIDIA optimization with Escape From Tarkov.

Regarding your Youtube video issue, disable hardware accelleration in your Browser, that's a known issue. Same for discord sometimes. It's depending on your hardware. I have a friend when listen to any video the FPS in game drops significally. 

0 Likes