Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CrashSimmons
Adept I

7900 XTX Driver Crashing with launch of Destiny 2: The Final Shape

Hi everyone,

My build started experiencing graphics driver crashes immediately following the launch of Bungie's Destiny 2: The Final Shape. I do not get crashes in any other game, so it is something specific to it, but there isn't consistency in the crashing (certain location, activity, steps to replicate) other than it only happens in Destiny 2. I have used the Bug Report Tool, but thought I'd make an entry here to see if anyone is aware of some workaround. Also, whether it may or may not matter... I own it on Steam.

My Build:

• OS - Windows 11 Pro 23H2
  • MOBO - MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK
  • RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z5 64GB (x4 16GB DIMMs) DDR5 6000
  • GPU - SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon RX 7900 XTX
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
  • PSU - CORSAIR RM1000x Shift Modular
  • Main Display - Z-EDGE UG30 200Hz 2560x1080

Things I've Tried:

Looked for BIOS updates (latest was released 6/6 - no effect), checked for Adrenalin updates (on version 24.5.1, Driver Version
23.40.33.01-240508a1-402593C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition, AMD Windows Driver Version
31.0.24033.1003), performed a Factory Reset, disabled in-Game Overlay, reinstalled Adrenalin and driver. 

What Happens:
There have been 3 different crashes (ordered by frequency, i.e. last occurs least frequently):

1. Screen briefly freezes, all screens go black for about 15 seconds, then driver is recovered and I see error code "Broccoli" from Destiny 2. Game must be force closed in Task Manager.
  2. Screens suddenly go black, then driver is recovered and I see error code "Broccoli" from Destiny 2. Game must be force closed in Task Manager.
  3. Screens suddenly go black, I assume the driver fails to recover and due to Event Viewer I know a BSOD occurred and the whole system restarts.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Hoping to hear something from an AMD rep, if possible.

6 Replies
CrashSimmons
Adept I

I don't know why my previous comment isn't showing up, let's see if this one sticks around...

I tried all of the previous 24x drivers and still got crashes within 30 minutes of gameplay. I decided to try rolling back one more to the 23.12.1 and I've been playing for hours, now, without a crash... Maybe others will have luck with this?

0 Likes

I have an rx 7900 xtx and my game keeps crashing, sometimes with error broccoli other times adrenaline gives me an error message, other times the game just freezes and i get n error and have to use task manager to close Destiny 2. 

Seems like 7900 xtx owners are having the same issue from what ive read in various internet posts. Im going to try rolling back and ill let you know what happens tomorrow since ill be gaming all saturday. 

Good luck! I've played a lot since my last reply and haven't crashed again, yet...

0 Likes
ViceNite
Adept I

I had a crash today after a couple of hours playing. Downclocked to 2250 and ive been playing for 4 hours. Seems like downclocking works out for me. when i had the card running at 2800 crashes where every 15 -30 minutes. A lot of people report this on D2 with the 7900 xtx and no one has found a clear solution. AMD please fix drivers 

0 Likes

Well, I went multiple days on the v23.x driver without a crash, then crashed this morning. Silly AMD drivers... seriously, I submit the bug report each time, too... Will they ever acknowledge they are at least AWARE of the problem?

0 Likes
ViceNite
Adept I

I gamed all weekend for multiple hours without a crash. Here are my settings: 500 low, 2300 high. 1150 mv ( no undervolting). no vram tuning. and power limit maxed out at 15%. Using the drivers you suggested. Might update again to the current drivers to see if it was a voltage problem since i never ran stock settings with the latest drivers. Ill keep you updated if i find anything new. Best of luck!