cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dirthurt
Adept III

AMD 5700 irl not less or equal / Blue Screen BSOD

So,  I'm getting this new blue screen/crash.

Says something similar to driver irl not less or equal. 

Hardware acceleration is already off...

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
14 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Is there too much OC on the processor?

0 Likes

None at all. 

0 Likes

How do you know it's a graphics card problem? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to the factory settings?

0 Likes

It only happens with this card. Swap the card and no issues. 

0 Likes

I understand. Then, with WattMan, would you try to reduce core clock speeds by 100Mhz and core voltages by 50mV? The GPU may crash because it may not apply voltages and core clock speeds specified by GPU BIOS. Also may re-install latest driver with DDU in safe mode for preventing software releated errors. 

0 Likes

What is your PSU? Considering the problem may be caused by PSU, you can reduce GPU power by -20% with WattMan.

0 Likes

I have a 750 watt Corsair. Powers my Vega 56 just fine. 

5700 shouldn't be an challenge really. 

Fresh os install with no wattman or overly installed. 

Doesn't seem to crash in games. Mostly web browsing and YouTube. Disabling hardware acceleration didn't help. 

0 Likes

The error message that you get is usually from RAM or CPU not GPU and depends on the hardware.

0 Likes

Typically I would agree, but pulling this card fixes the issue. No problems when using the Vega 56 and memtest is good. 

It has to be GPU driver related. Others are getting it too I'm seeing. 

0 Likes

Make sure that your mobo BIOS and drivers are up to date. Do not supply the graphics card power with a single 2x8PIN power cable. Use two power cables for the GPU. The motherboard may be problematic also test the GPU with different systems if you can.

0 Likes

If atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys is not present in BSODs, do not look for the problem for the GPU.

0 Likes

turn of hw acc in steam and discord aswell

0 Likes
drallim
Elite

Happens consistently when I try to use radeon overlay or relive in certain games

alseu
Challenger

This issue could occur if GPU is taking more time than permitted to display graphics to your monitor or if the TDR setting is set too low. Delaying the TDR time possibly can resolve the issue.
Try to follow this guide and tell if it helped: TDR fix

0 Likes