Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SPACEPANZER
Journeyman III

ALPHA 15 A3DDRK 15 GPU FAILURE DRIVERS

Good day

I am not good on forums but here we go.. i got this laptop in 2020 and everything was perfect until MSI keyboard went and got replaced. then 6 months later (2022) GPU drivers  went kaboom  GPU does not want to accept drives and now i cant use external GPU the RX5500m drivers. now i see there is 2 different drivers for the Vega 10 and rx5500m adrenaline software wont open cause of the versions.

PLEASE HELP I NEED MORE POWER play hell let loose  onboard sucks

rx5500m

current versions of GPU  v31.0.24002.92

driver date 1/11/2024

r7 3750h

current version of Vega  v31.0.21910.5

driver date 1/4/2024

@elstaci  apparently you the boss of this stuff (reading reviews) help

0 Likes
1 Reply

Thanks for the compliment but you have the wrong impression but I have been fairly active on AMD Forums for several years and have gained some knowledge from researching on how to troubleshoot issue for various Users in the past.

All the MVPs you can considered to be experienced Users in various areas due to the amount of time they have spent on AMD Forums. But others that aren't MVPs are just as qualified since many work in the IT field or are themselves technicians and are very knowledgeable.

From my understanding you purchased the MSI laptop in 2020 and you needed to have the integrated laptop keyboard replaced. Worked fine for 6 months than after that all the issues started with your laptop's GPUs AMD Drivers correct?

Also I presume you have no MSI Warranty any more since it is only last for 1 year.

First I need the processor that uses the Vega 10 IGPU also it seems like your laptop came with Windows 10 preinstalled according to MSI Support download page. It doesn't show any drivers for Windows 11.

So did you upgrade your laptop's Windows from 10 to 11?

I presume you are able to enter Windows correct?

Can you post the exact errors and warnings that you are getting when the driver crashes?

Went to MSI SUPPORT for your Laptop driver download page and the closest model shown is the DDK but there wasn't any for DDRK. But the drivers should be the same if not contact MSI SUPPORT: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Alpha-15-A3DDK/support?sub_product=Alpha-15-A3DDK#driver

First thing I would do is download and update all the drivers in your MSI laptop from your laptop's download page including the BIOS if it has an out dated BIOS Version installed.  MSI drivers are all 100% compatible with your laptop and uses all of your laptop's features whereas the AMD laptop drivers are considered to be basic graphic drivers that may not use all the features of your laptop.

After updating all your drivers including Windows OS using Windows Update and you still have the issue. Run your laptop's MSI Diagnostic software to see if you have any hardware or software issues.

If that comes out clean open Device Manger and see if there are any errors with any drivers installed on your laptop.

Run DXDIAG.exe and save the file to your SSD/HDD. Open the file and go to the last category to see which files are having issues in your laptop.

Also open Window's Event Viewer and go to "ERRORS" and see what type of errors are showing up.

Then check to see if the MSI AMD driver installs and works correctly with both GPUs in your laptop.

Well that all until the next time you post. It is late at night for me.

NOTE: as a last resort you can always use the  MSI RECOVERY disc or program  of your laptop and putting it the way it was when you first purchased the laptop and see if the issue's persists.

0 Likes