cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EChase0
Adept I

Adrenaline Software does not open, and has not been able to open for about a month.

When I try to open Adrenaline Software it hangs in the bottom right tray for a second or two and then disappears and does not open. I've done DDU and reinstalled the drivers. I've deleted local app data files that were mentioned in some previous threads. I've tried reinstalling "RSXPackage" in the CNext folder as mentioned in previous threads, but it gives me an error (App installation failed with error message: Windows cannot install package AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-RSXCM_22.10.0.0_x64__fhmx3h6dzfmvj because its does not declare support for an external location. (0x80070032)).

Short of a full windows reinstall, does anyone have any suggestions or information on what is going on here.

9 Replies
DunkNorris
Adept II

0 Likes
EChase0
Adept I

That is so disappointing.  

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

Here are a few other things you can try:

1. Run the Windows System File Checker (SFC).
  2. This tool can scan your system for corrupted system files and repair them.
  3. To run the SFC, open a command prompt as an administrator and type the following command:

sfc /scannow

1. Run the Windows DISM tool. This tool is more powerful than the SFC and can fix more complex system issues.
  2. To run the DISM tool, open a command prompt as an administrator and type the following command:
  3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  4. Try running Adrenaline Software in compatibility mode.
  5. To do this, right-click on the Adrenaline Software executable file and select "Properties."
  6. Click on the "Compatibility" tab and select the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" checkbox.
  7. Select an older version of Windows from the drop-down menu and click "OK."
  8. Try running Adrenaline Software as an administrator.
  9. To do this, right-click on the Adrenaline Software executable file and select "Run as administrator."

If none of these solutions work, then you may need to do a full Windows reinstall. However, before you do that, I recommend backing up all of your important files.

Here is another thing to try:

• Uninstall and reinstall AMD Chipset Drivers.
  • This may resolve the issue if there is a conflict between the Adrenaline Software and the Chipset Drivers.
  • To uninstall the AMD Chipset Drivers:
  • Open the Device Manager.
  • Expand the "System devices" category.
  • Right-click on the "AMD Chipset Driver" and select "Uninstall device."
  • Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall."
  • To reinstall the AMD Chipset Drivers:
  • Go to the AMD website and download the latest Chipset Drivers for your motherboard.
  • Run the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Once the Chipset Drivers are reinstalled, try running Adrenaline Software again.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I gave these a shot(chipset drivers were under multiple different names in device manager). Only thing I haven't tried yet is fresh windows install, as this would really mess up my workflow. I'm going to save this for a last solution. Has anyone had a fresh windows install solve this?

I also tried AMD cleanup utility. Still unable to resolve.

0 Likes
Denmer
Adept II

You say you used DDU. Did you get the latest version of DDU? Did you disable Windows Driver Updates every which way from Sunday?

0 Likes

Yes. I also tried AMD cleanup utility.

0 Likes

please help me out?

0 Likes
Sulzmania
Adept I

having exactly the same issue here on brand new 6700xt -INCLUDING the RSCPackage issue - which I can't find any solutions for online.

Did you find any solution?

It is a replacement for another 6700xt I had to RMA one month ago - Adrenalin opened fine with this one, inbetween I had my 1660 back in, but I DDU etc etc before installing this new 6700xt. 

0 Likes
EChase0
Adept I

No solution, but I think this is a software/driver issue, not an RMA issue.

I've just been following the main thread with all the replies. Tried every solution suggested and nothing works so far. It opened fine for a few months and then out of nowhere it stopped opening. Never had a Nvidia GPU installed on this computer so I don't think the switching GPUs is the issue either.

0 Likes