Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Midnitedoom
Journeyman III

Move AMD folder

Hi

Hoping somebody can help with this

When I got my laptop the Adrenalin software came from the Microsoft Store. It was really outdated (ver 10) and some apps were freezing when trying to play video. 

After some experimenting, it came down to the AMD software, I used the Autodetect tool to get the updated versions.

Upon installing though, I didn't notice that the default folder was C:\AMD not C:\Program Files\AMD when I installed the version from the AMD website

I now see a AMD folder with subfolders in 

C:\AMD

C:\Program Files\AMD

C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD

I'm unsure if I should just leave it as is, or try and correct the home folder. 

Is there a way to transfer all this without reformating my computer and starting over?

I am not noticing anything weird, but want to ask incase it could have conflicts in the background I just ain't seeing yet if it kept files from the Microsoft store setup 

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies

You can safely delete C:\AMD folder since that is the Driver or Chipset folder that is created by AMD Driver package when you start the installation process.

I suggest you delete this folder each time you update your AMD driver to save space in your Windows drive and to prevent conflict or corruption of any future AMD driver installation.

The other AMD folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86)  I wouldn't touch or delete since that is part of the actual AMD Driver and App.

0 Likes

Thank you for that.. That makes sense, so I will delete that particular folder mentioned to prevent conflicts.. 

0 Likes